MrJack

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY2021, Panamera 4S
Country flag
I find this nice app for obtain certificate of state of healt of my battery.

The app is PowerCheckControl and work only on Android for Taycan at the moment, but the developer say that the updated version for ios will be released very soon.

It work tigheter with Power Cruise Control that monitor your battery during travelling.

Porsche Taycan SOH of battery of my Taycan 4S 93kWh battery after 30.000 km Schermata 2022-01-04 alle 12.18.33

Porsche Taycan SOH of battery of my Taycan 4S 93kWh battery after 30.000 km Schermata 2022-01-04 alle 12.19.01

Porsche Taycan SOH of battery of my Taycan 4S 93kWh battery after 30.000 km Schermata 2022-01-04 alle 12.19.09

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
Interesting!

Almost 2yrs old Taycan Turbo here.

Wonder how reliable this reading is?

Porsche Taycan SOH of battery of my Taycan 4S 93kWh battery after 30.000 km 1641309510788

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
Interesting, does it measure over a given period or is it just pulling the reported info from the OBD? My iPace is currently reporting 93.5% battery health after 22k miles (35.4k km) and 34 months. Some conjecture the car might be being optimistic in the OBD report though it does tie in with my expected range over long trips.

Still, Jaguar seem to have been (frustratingly) conservative on their charge speeds. Its likely the car can take more on DC than their warranty agreement with LG. Might contribute to some slightly higher longevity but the margins are too small to be anything more than speculation (and how we charge etc).

I do plan to use the reduced DC charge profile on the Taycan when I get it given a 4 year PCP and the fact even that will be blindingly fast vs the iPace (my only real complaint about the iPace to be honest). I'll flip it to full rate when I drive to the Alps. AC wise will do 80% with 100% monthly to balance cells.

Cheers

Alex

marvinp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998/2008 BMW M3s
Country flag

The app is PowerCheckControl and work only on Android for Taycan at the moment, but the developer say that the updated version for ios will be released very soon.

It work tigheter with Power Cruise Control that monitor your battery during travelling.

Schermata 2022-01-04 alle 12.18.33.png

Schermata 2022-01-04 alle 12.19.01.png

Schermata 2022-01-04 alle 12.19.09.png
I'm new to EVs, so not familiar with this at all. Is the app saying that you've lost ~10% of range since you bought the car? Is that considered high/low/normal?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Does it work with any OBD dongle available in the USA?
Update: it seems the German marketplace will ship their dongle to USA.

Last edited:

OP
OP
MrJack

MrJack

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting app/info, will help inform potential battery warranty claims. Is the max. capacity % measured against the software controlled capacity of 84kWh or physical battery capacity of 93kWh?
I think against capacity of 84%
Power cruise control say that i have 76,95 kwh at 100%, i still don't know how much large is the buffer when the battery is at 0% if the capacity is 90% of 84 kWh from the calculation maybe i have near 1.5 kWh at 0%.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrJack

MrJack

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting, does it measure over a given period or is it just pulling the reported info from the OBD? My iPace is currently reporting 93.5% battery health after 22k miles (35.4k km) and 34 months. Some conjecture the car might be being optimistic in the OBD report though it does tie in with my expected range over long trips.

Still, Jaguar seem to have been (frustratingly) conservative on their charge speeds. Its likely the car can take more on DC than their warranty agreement with LG. Might contribute to some slightly higher longevity but the margins are too small to be anything more than speculation (and how we charge etc).

I do plan to use the reduced DC charge profile on the Taycan when I get it given a 4 year PCP and the fact even that will be blindingly fast vs the iPace (my only real complaint about the iPace to be honest). I'll flip it to full rate when I drive to the Alps. AC wise will do 80% with 100% monthly to balance cells.

Cheers

Alex
It is just pulling from OBD, the developer say to me that this number is not a really SOH but the capacity respect the new car... i don't know how much they consider for the new car.
I will ask more information...

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
I'm new to EVs, so not familiar with this at all. Is the app saying that you've lost ~10% of range since you bought the car? Is that considered high/low/normal?
I think 10% is worse than average. I found this degradation tool. Unfortunately, it does not have statistics of Taycan though.
Porsche Taycan SOH of battery of my Taycan 4S 93kWh battery after 30.000 km Skjermbilde 2022-01-05 kl. 09.10.18
Electric Vehicle Battery Degradation Tool

OP
OP
MrJack

MrJack

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting!

Almost 2yrs old Taycan Turbo here.

Wonder how reliable this reading is?

1641309510788.png
How much kWh have your car at 100% of charge?
Mine 4S has 78,15.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Can anyone connect it to a new car to see what it shows? How does it connect? Is there a dongle? I have iOS so no good to me anyway - although I am collecting my new car tomorrow ?

farazkhu2

First Name
Fa Fa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 750i, Taycan
Country flag

Schermata 2022-01-04 alle 12.18.33.png

Schermata 2022-01-04 alle 12.19.01.png

Schermata 2022-01-04 alle 12.19.09.png
I am just curious to know if this analysis is considering that Taycan batteries have 7 or 8% charge for non driving purposes ( whatever it is called ) and when your app runs this diagnosis it is only going against the remining 92% of the battery?

Doesn't any one know what it is called, where Porsche keep certain amount of batter designated for internal functions etc?

Cheers

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I am just curious to know if this analysis is considering that Taycan batteries have 7 or 8% charge for non driving purposes ( whatever it is called ) and when your app runs this diagnosis it is only going against the remining 92% of the battery?

Doesn't any one know what it is called, where Porsche keep certain amount of batter designated for internal functions etc?

Cheers
The usable (accessible) kW in the 93.4kW battery plus is 83.7kW.

So if MrJack is seeing only 78.15 kW at 100% charge then that is only 93.4% of the available 83.7 kW (odd coincidence that his SoH is 93.4% of original!!)

So at first glance it would seem that he is experiencing 6.6% battery degradation - suspect this is a bit simplistic on my part and fairly sure other factors involved here :). My biggest assumption here of course being that 100% charge is measured against the usable kW of 83.7 and not the 93.4kW!

Last edited:

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
The usable (accessible) kW in the 93.4kW battery plus is 83.7kW.

So if MrJack is seeing only 78.15 kW at 100% charge then that is only 93.4% of the available 83.7 kW (odd coincidence that his SoH is 93.4% of original!!)

So at first glance it would seem that he is experiencing 6.6% battery degradation - suspect this is a bit simplistic on my part and fairly sure other factors involved here :). My biggest assumption here of course being that 100% charge is measured against the usable kW of 83.7 and not the 93.4kW!
So, just to confirm I have got this right......

Assuming the car is brand new and i am charging to 100%, it is actually charging to 83.7kw and not 93.4kw?

Main reason for asking is working out how much charge I should be looking at to maximise my cheap rate tariff (4 hours overnight)?

For example, does charging from 70% to 80% add 9.3kw or 8.3kw?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
So, just to confirm I have got this right......

Assuming the car is brand new and i am charging to 100%, it is actually charging to 83.7kw and not 93.4kw?

Main reason for asking is working out how much charge I should be looking at to maximise my cheap rate tariff (4 hours overnight)?

For example, does charging from 70% to 80% add 9.3kw or 8.3kw?
The actual battery never discharges below some SoC which the software will report as 0% (not true zero, if you reached true zero the battery is dead and not recoverable). The battery also never charges to true 100% as that could significantly affect its longevity. However, between the highest and the lowest that your software allows you to charge or discharge to, there is 83.7KWh of usable energy, and the percentage is supposed to be of that region only. So when you see 100%, the battery is as full as it is allowed by software, and when it says 0% it is as low as the software will let it get to by driving (as you park it will slowly get lower, which is why Porsche says to not park the car for long times with 0% as eventually the battery will reach true zero and it will need replacement - happened to early EV's like the Tesla Roadster).
Sponsored

Last edited: