2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag
Hoping that the updated software will come OTA to our vehicles. There are some changes to the powertrain and charging hardware though.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Link: https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/202...qHOFVacOYUzEvZzy2ZyO11bYgz9NZmqyhEuVmj7ukcu6E

Info starting to come out from Porsche themselves. Anyone see anything interesting in the photos or video? To me, looks like they still have camo bits over parts of the new front bumper
If only all the test mileage were believable or they actioned the findings of any test - same guff quoted for the original Taycan and as this forum bears testament, the testing simply wasn't rigorous enough - hot / cold / tech. Marketing hype IMHO - as per evey Porsche product launch that preceded it. We'll still love it at the end of the day...of course!

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey Kevin and Florian, how long do the cabin heaters in the revamped Taycans last?

Following early computer simulations and extensive validations on test benches, the updated Taycan is now undergoing the final stages of real testing on handling circuits and public roads. “Faster, higher, further – we have improved the new Taycan in practically every discipline compared to its predecessor”, says Model Line Vice President Kevin Giek. “And because the changes are so extensive, the gruelling testing programme is almost comparable to that for a new model.”

Of the 3.6 million test kilometres, 300,000 were completed in cold-country conditions and 200,000 in hot country locations. In Finland, some 350 kilometres north of the Arctic Circle, the electric sports car not only demonstrated its exceptional driving dynamics on snow and ice but also convinced with almost halved charging times at colder temperatures. Under freezing conditions, the new Taycan showed that it can handle even the most challenging conditions on frozen lakes and in deep snow. Just as demanding, yet at the other end of the temperature scale, were the soaring temperatures of Death Valley, where hot-country endurance tests were conducted. Among other functions, the Porsche development team put the battery charging system and the reliability of the thermal management system under extreme temperatures through its paces.

“At Porsche, electric cars must undergo the same rigorous testing programme as our combustion-engine sports cars. Alongside exceptional performance, a key requirement is uncompromising day-to-day usability under all climatic conditions”, says Head of Taycan Testing, Florian Stahl. “At its market launch in a few months, the substantially upgraded Taycan will have completed extensive worldwide tests in a total of 17 countries in temperatures ranging from -41 to +53 degrees Celsius.”

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
If only all the test mileage were believable or they actioned the findings of any test - same guff quoted for the original Taycan and as this forum bears testament, the testing simply wasn't rigorous enough - hot / cold / tech. Marketing hype IMHO - as per evey Porsche product launch that preceded it. We'll still love it at the end of the day...of course!
We are all test subjects in the mileage figures. 🐇

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
“At its market launch in a few months, the substantially upgraded Taycan will have completed extensive worldwide tests in a total of 17 countries in temperatures ranging from -41 to +53 degrees Celsius.”[/I]
I wonder if they actually tried charging at those temperatures.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I wonder if they actually tried charging at those temperatures.
"In Finland, some 350 kilometres north of the Arctic Circle, the electric sports car not only demonstrated its exceptional driving dynamics on snow and ice but also convinced with almost halved charging times at colder temperatures."

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
Info starting to come out from Porsche themselves. Anyone see anything interesting in the photos or video? To me, looks like they still have camo bits over parts of the new front bumper
[/QUOTE]

I suspect that the new Taycan will follow the Macan ev stylised image recently released by Porsche. I think this will work very well on the Taycan and is the answer to all the blocked in air vents shown in spy shots.
Porsche Taycan Some “news” on refreshed Taycan - Porsche Newsroom IMG_3011

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Extensive modifications for all 3 variants sounds promising…..but does this include the heater? 🙂

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Who is believing this marketing BS any more?

We know they did not test the Heaters.

My 2020 Cayenne could not withstand a drop in temp in Indiana with the windshield washer tank cracked with just 2 months of warranty left. Is this acceptable to equip a premium SUV with a cheap plastic tank that does this:

Porsche Taycan Some “news” on refreshed Taycan - Porsche Newsroom 1706042503631

2021 Cayenne of another customer was in for inoperable air suspension, presumably due to cold, while they confirmed my issue. Looked like many other customers came in with one issue or another with their SUVs when temps dropped.

I told the dealer, all this Arctic testing, is not rigorous enough for Indiana winters. They need to bring them here to test when it is January when we get our usual cold spell and I would be happy to put them through the paces.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Who is believing this marketing BS any more?

We know they did not test the Heaters.

My 2020 Cayenne could not withstand a drop in temp in Indiana with the windshield washer tank cracked with just 2 months of warranty left. Is this acceptable to equip a premium SUV with a cheap plastic tank that does this:

1706042503631.png

2021 Cayenne of another customer was in for inoperable air suspension, presumably due to cold, while they confirmed my issue. Looked like many other customers came in with one issue or another with their SUVs when temps dropped.

I told the dealer, all this Arctic testing, is not rigorous enough for Indiana winters. They need to bring them here to test when it is January when we get our usual cold spell and I would be happy to put them through the paces.
Wait a second here… hold your horses. The arctic is getting much warmer with global warming now. Icebergs disappearing. Polar bears drowning. This is not 1983. Mild testing these days up there.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
A couple of points:
- Porsche (and most mfrs) really do abuse the test mules in pre-production testing. It's not cheap doing 3M miles across 3-4 continents, and so it stands to reason to make the most of that investment. The problem is that testing regimen is intense - the cars work/get worked constantly as well as being "serviced" as needed. What escapes this type of testing are the slow-evolving type of defects, the ones that requires the car to sit for a few days at low SoC/in low-or-high temps, that requires channels to clog or water to infiltrate and accumulate. And just as it is frustrating for a consumer to discover and be burdened with those defects, it must be equally (or more) frustrating for the engineers who tested the hell out of that system, and found no defect. (edit: because you do your best, and someone comes and proclaims it to be "utter shite".)
- @SergeyIndy in your case it seems the importer/PCNA prepped the car incorrectly for its destination. @whitex encountered a similar problem on his x-country trek - the car was prepped for the balmy South(East), and not at all for crossing KY/CO/UT in the dead of winter.
- but most importantly, I'm trying to figure out what the hell is going on in the splash image of this thread. (pasted below) It looks like Florian and Kevin are a) testing FAS (Front Axle Steering) whereby the wheels turn against the direction of travel? b) looking away, on a dare no doubt, from the direction of the drift? c) they're engaged in synchronized drifting with another car, out of picture? d) doing donuts and holding on to their lunches? (I should turn this into a poll.)(Besides, I thought on 4WD/AWD drifting, the front wheels are straightened..)

Porsche Taycan Some “news” on refreshed Taycan - Porsche Newsroom 1706045441962
Sponsored