Guyneutron

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S
Country flag
Took my Cayenne into the dealer today to get something looked at. Got a RWD Taycan as a loaner for the day(they knew I have a CT on order) first colour, it’s ice grey, which was the colour I specced originally, it’s a lovely colour, just not for me! It looks way too white in my opinion, so glad I went with Dolomite in the end.
Interior, well coming from the Cayenne, what a difference! The interior is SMALL, and the driving position feels very sporty! I loved it! The way the front hood looks from inside is damn cool.
This car pretty Heavily specced, passenger screen seems useless, had a work colleague with me in the car and he lost interest with it in about 5 seconds. What surprised me the most was The sport sound, I’ve heard a lot of great feedback about it; but honestly, it was fun for about 10 seconds and then I didn’t really care for it, especially when listening to music, it actually bothered me with the music playing.
Bose sound system. I currently have the Burmeister in my Cayenne and absolutely love it! I use Tidal HiFi streaming and it’s pretty darn nice. I wouldn’t say I’m a audiophile by any means, but I do love a good system and listen to a lot of different music, mostly LOUD! Haha well I’m happy to report, the Bose did NOT disappoint( I had to make a lot of sacrifices with my specdue to insurance, as stated in one of my posts and was worried about the Bose) if you are unsure about the Bose,
Don’t be! It’s capable and I imagine will be amazing for %99.9 of people.
I think the PCM felt more complicated then in the Cayenne(MY 19) seemed like some things weren’t as straightforward, but I’m sure you just get used to things, as this is how I felt coming into the Cayenne from my M5, the newer iDrive system is absolutely amazing and I missed it dearly when moving to the Cayenne, but like I said, you get used to things...
A lot of people complain about the rear view camera, and although it might not be as good as in the cayenne(and def not as good as in the M5) it wasn’t bad and didn’t bother me.
I was absolutely amazed in how well the suspension handled London roads,
I would say in par with the Cayenne.
I’m assuming it has the upgraded air suspension as it’s so smooth. Was very happily surprised, same goes for speed, even though it is the slowest model, it still felt very nimble, and was
Faster then I expected, again for most people and for real world driving this is more then enough, buuuuttt we all know faster is always better ;) hahahaha I did order the 4S,
But it did get me thinking..... haha
All in all I would say I was pleasantly surprised by the car in general, and even more excited now for my Taycan CT 4S
Sponsored

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
That is great to hear for those of us consdering the RWD model! Be curious if you can determine whether your loaner actually has air suspension -- think if you click on car settings, if there are options under suspension to raise or lower it that would be how you'd know. Agree on idrive- after you experience a BMW with a recent version of idrive, all other infotainment sytems feel annoying and clunky. And having used the infotianment system in a current gen Panamera (same as your Cayenne), it did feel like the Taycan's was a bit less intuitive somehow. Looks like Porsche is rolling out the Taycan's system across their lineup though:
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2022-porsche-911-infotainment-update-android-auto-price/

hooneyrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Caterham 420S, 2018 Discovery 3.0.
Country flag
Good to hear your thoughts. I have a Turbo S which I really like but can confirm the power is not particularly needed on the road. I took the car for a blast the other day and accelerating out of corners hard is doable due to the electronic trickery deployed by Porsche but the speeds achieved in between corners could result in a jail sentence - it's that fast. And as for launch control, the acceleration is unbelievable but I'll only ever use that occasionally to try and justify the amount I've spent.
In general terms, the weight cannot be detected on the public roads other than when the car becomes slightly lighter over bumps. So when adjusting the Taycan direction when the car is effectively lighter, you can tell the car is heavy. But in every other respect, the Taycan is so refined and planted with unbelievable damping from the air suspension. Having driven a Boxter S which skates all over the place, the Taycan is a different experience. I actually loved the Boxter S but you can tell the Taycan is just better damped.
I would also say that ride height is annoying on UK roads - the Boxter didn't bottom out once whereas the Taycan feels as if the air vents underneath the car are going to scrape all the time. I did notice there is some protruding rubber behind the air vents which I guess are there for protection?

OP
OP

Guyneutron

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S
Country flag
Found out the spec today, and it’s MASSIVE! It’s has air suspension, which like I said, I am so impressed with. What I was surprised is that it didn’t have rear wheel steering, cause it didn’t feel as huge as people have described, but then again, this might be due to the fact I have a Cayenne! But this is def making me rethink rear Wheel steering.
regarding sport Chrono, found myself using the toggle on the steering wheels a lot, but that might be due to the fact that this is the base Taycan, and even though it’s zippy, it is missing a bit of oomph, and putting it in sport plus mitigates that.
So I’m about to return the car, and driving it around for a couple of days definitely made me think, that A, I might not spec sport sound, B, I might drop rear wheel steering,C, possibly add sport Chrono.
Oh, and.... car has the insulated glass, and boy oh boy is it quiet!

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
So I’m about to return the car, and driving it around for a couple of days definitely made me think, that A, I might not spec sport sound, B, I might drop rear wheel steering,C, possibly add sport Chrono.
I ordered a RWD a few days ago and:

A. NO sport sound (annoying IMO)
B. NO rear steer
C. YES sport chrono

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Found out the spec today, and it’s MASSIVE! It’s has air suspension, which like I said, I am so impressed with. What I was surprised is that it didn’t have rear wheel steering, cause it didn’t feel as huge as people have described, but then again, this might be due to the fact I have a Cayenne! But this is def making me rethink rear Wheel steering.
regarding sport Chrono, found myself using the toggle on the steering wheels a lot, but that might be due to the fact that this is the base Taycan, and even though it’s zippy, it is missing a bit of oomph, and putting it in sport plus mitigates that.
Couldn’t agree more with your findings though I do prefer the Taycan not the CT

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Regarding "sport" mode, there's also a "sport" button on the bottom of the lower screen that you can use if you dont have sport chrono...

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Ice Grey really is a chameleon color. Very light dependent.