Soon to be Taycan 4S owner questions

RocXR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, S-Class
Country flag
Just submitted my deposit but still able to change/add options before my order is send over to Porsche.

Couple Questions on certain options:
Sports Chrono Package. I’m looking at the sports chrono package for mainly the individual mode and the convenience of the knob. Are you able to change/edit the normal or sports mode setting so that it is customise to your needs. E.g. raise the chassis height to the highest setting on Regular mode and keep it there? I will mostly be driving on city roads so maintaining a high chassis height is quite important. Because if I can edit the normal/sports mode to my need, I don’t really see myself having a need for the individual mode/Sports Chrono package.

Rear-axle Steering. Just curious how big of a difference does it actually make, does having it makes u-turning/parking a significant difference? I’m from Singapore, and the tax here makes car options extremely expensive. For reference, the rear-axle steering option (Which includes power steering plus) cost USD6000. Therefore, I rather not spend too much on options that I will not benefit much from.

Bose Sound System. Was looking at the Bose sound system and I’m wondering if it is worth it for me. I will mostly be listening to the radio or Spotify so I don’t see myself getting much value from the Bose sound system which cost almost USD4000. However, I appreciate a good sound experience so it does peak my interest.

Overall, Just curious if these options are truly worth the high price, looking forward to how you guys see it!
Sponsored

andyxxl

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 S
Country flag
Just submitted my deposit but still able to change/add options before my order is send over to Porsche.

Couple Questions on certain options:
Sports Chrono Package. I’m looking at the sports chrono package for mainly the individual mode and the convenience of the knob. Are you able to change/edit the normal or sports mode setting so that it is customise to your needs. E.g. raise the chassis height to the highest setting on Regular mode and keep it there? I
From a 4S owner without Sport Chrono Package.
The chassis height remains in the selected mode all the time. (Except the lift button)
Sound and "Sport" Mode itself does not so. So i have to activate both @ the beginnig of each trip. No problem for me, i am used from my former cars to turn off start/stop and "activate" the sport sound at each car start.

Bose Sound System. Was looking at the Bose sound system and I’m wondering if it is worth it for me. I will mostly be listening to the radio or Spotify so I don’t see myself getting much value from the Bose sound system which cost almost USD4000. However, I appreciate a good sound experience so it does peak my interest.
From a 4 S owner without bose ;) :
Order the car with standard sound only if you are sure you will only listen to radio with "low and middle" volume. If you really appreciate a good sound system: Order Bose!

H@wk

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, BMW 530XD, BMW 320I cab
Country flag
Initially I didn't tick off the Sport Chrono Package since my thinking was that my 4S was not going to be a track day car but a grand tourer. However, I'm glad my sales representative talked me into adding it, since I cannot imaging having to go through the computer screens in order to quickly switch modes. I use it all the time!

I don't think you can change much of the settings in Normal, Sport or Sport Plus modes, as they seem to be set the way Porsche defines those (you can switch on and off regen in all modes). The Individual mode is where you can define your own settings, including raised height I would guess.
However, realize that the raised height is disabled over 30 km/h - so only really useful going in & out of elevated driveways, garages and speed bumps. Some people complain about not being able to find the "elevate" function, but there's a button for it right there in the main display:

Porsche Taycan Soon to be Taycan 4S owner questions 1600338421599

For me, my car is where I really can enjoy my own music at the volume that I like (whereas at home you have to factor in wife & kids). The Burmeister system was however out of this world expensive here in Norway, so Bose would have to do. I'm happy I chose this. The sound quality is good, especially when streaming the highest bitrate from Spotify or Tidal (Apple Music is good too). I like the adjustment options that the Bose presents; - adjust focal point of sound around the cabin, enable surround, etc. EVs are inherently more quiet than gas driven cars, so you really benefit from a quality sound system since there's less engine/transmission noise in the cabin.

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
I love Sport Chrono because of the control on the steering wheel, but it isn't necessary. Without it you can quickly switch between modes on the center/lower screen. There is a digital button that appears to cycle through the modes. Not sure about how configurable each mode is however. With Sport Chrono you are given an "Individual" mode option which is completely configurable. Maybe someone else can comment on that.

Rear wheel steering is probably the single best performance related option on the car. It is definitely noticeable. Really makes the car feel smaller, and makes turn in feel tighter on fast corners. But yes, it's expensive and probably not worth it if you'll be using the Taycan as more of a cruiser.

Get the Bose system. Even for listening to the radio. The Bose is almost a bare minimum. I'm not sure what options are available in Singapore, but I would highly recommend the Premium Package which comes with the Bose system.

OP
OP

RocXR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, S-Class
Country flag
From a 4S owner without Sport Chrono Package.
The chassis height remains in the selected mode all the time. (Except the lift button)
Sound and "Sport" Mode itself does not so. So i have to activate both @ the beginnig of each trip. No problem for me, i am used from my former cars to turn off start/stop and "activate" the sport sound at each car start.
Interesting, seems like a hassle to have to activate the electric sound every time I start the car if I’m in “Normal” Mode. May be something that I have to get used to. But thanks for the insight!

andyxxl

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 S
Country flag
Interesting, seems like a hassle to have to activate the electric sound every time I start the car if I’m in “Normal” Mode. May be something that I have to get used to. But thanks for the insight!
You are absolutely right IMHO. Starting my AMGs i was used to 1. start engine 2. put in D 3.deactivate start/stop 4. open exhaust pipe valves
now 1. put in D 2. right hand fastens seatbelt and pushes SPORT when "down there" 3. left hand uses joker button to activate sound ;)
My "efficient" non Sport Chrono Start. ;)

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Did not plan for the Chrono but I have it (bought the car of the dealer's lot). I would not miss it a bit. In fact, I find the chrono breaks the elegant line of the dashboard.
Coming from Tesla, I find the fake sound annoying - but I know a lot of others like it, you should drive the car before deciding if this is a feature you enjoy. There is already a noise from the engine and the obligatory outside noise for pedestrians, which is plenty (too much) already. But if the sound is a must for you, the selector on the wheel included in chrono package takes you to Sport 2, which enables the artificial sound together with the sporty suspension / gearing.

For the Bose sound, many have suggested on this forum you take it. I have it and like it.
Sponsored