WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
With global warming we (in the UK) are unfortunately least likely to need them...just sayin'

As an aside please don't offend / upset @f1eng - this man knows a thing or three and then some!
That statement goes for everyone on a forum. Please done upset or offend anyone. It's good manners.
Sponsored

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Hi All. I'm prepping for delivery of my car in *some time period* soonish. One thing I've umm'd and ahh'd about is getting a set of Winter Wheels and tyres.

My car has a set of 20" Turbo Aero wheels and I'm currently thinking about whether I order a set of 21" summer wheels and tyres and swap to winter tyres for the 20", or I may just get an extra set of 20" wheels. Anyway, I digress as this is my own dilemma. Porsche Reading will at least store wheels at the dealer (for a fee), which is great. The 20" will likely come with PS4's and the 21" would come with Eagle Asym 3's

What I'm asking is whether UK users think it's worth getting winter wheels/tyres on my Taycan?

I've previously had a few different cars and found that, say, my RS3 didn't really benefit much from winter wheels and on the 2-3 days of actual deep snow we had I didn't drive much, but icy conditions never really affected it. 4WD and just being very slightly more careful at this time of year was easily manageable. However, on my old C63, winter wheels and tyres were an absolute must and tbh it would have been foolish bordering on insanity not to buy and use them.

I'm thinking the Taycan fits into the same category with the RS3. For our fairly mild UK winters it will be more than perfectly drive-able with a small bit of care and a slight back off of the throttle. I don't necessarily care about the money, more about the faff of changing wheels for a brief 2-3 month period every year.

I'm getting a Taycan Turbo ST, for context. Tyres are likely to be Michelin PS4's apparently.

Thoughts and opinions? Again, this is based on be being in sunny Hampshire in the UK
How much do they charge for storage ooi?

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
£599 inc VAT
A one-off charge for as long as you own the car? Does that include changing the wheels over twice a year?

From memory my Audi garage charges £100 p.a. For the storage and changeover.

OP
OP
kempez

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
A one-off charge for as long as you own the car? Does that include changing the wheels over twice a year?

From memory my Audi garage charges £100 p.a. For the storage and changeover.
I’ll further enquire later, I still have room in the garage if needs must. It is per year though.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ll further enquire later, I still have room in the garage if needs must. It is per year though.
That’s ridiculous!

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Mathys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 X3 30e
Country flag
Do we also have N-rated all-season tires available on this side of the pond?
I will buy a winter set, just not sure if I go for winter or all-season tires…

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
there’s nothing North of the Watford Gap. So I’ve heard :CWL:
Joking apart I was brought up in the north and as a teenager was surprised to find that the whole of the south was not completely built up.

If it wasn’t for motor racing we would probably be in Scotland, my wife is from Cullen, her brother near Aberdeen and my brothers are in Perth and near Moffat so we are an extreme south outpost here near Oxford.
Sponsored