Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
No ferries, as part of my dream is to drive all the way. I appreciate all your suggestions. However my route is pretty much set in stone from Tarifa to Nordkapp. I will have to improvise as we approach the date to adapt to ultra-fast charger availability, and we will be checking said availability when on route. I have tens of charging apps downloaded and configured. However my priority is to use the Ionity network with the Porsche Charging card throughout. I will also probably be using Iberdrola, Juice Pass (Endesa), Zunder (Easycharger), and Wenea while in Spain. In France, Fastned, and in Germany and Denmark, only Ionity should be enough. In Sweden and Finland, Fortum & Charge or Smoov, and InCharge in Norway. I have Chargemap as a fallback as well as credit/debit cards. Hopefully, I am well prepared for the charging aspect. As I am almost certain, at some point a charger will fail, we have alternate chargers of at least 50kw nearby everywhere. This would obviously delay a segment, but should still be manageable on our tight schedule.
That looks like an amazing plan. I will enjoy reading your experience of that trip

I have driven part of your route, from about Nimes in France up to Gävle in Sweden. There are two further Ionity stations in Hudiksvall and Sundsvall. But then going North from there you will have lower power stations. I have seen that Tesla have opened a number of stations in Norway, but not sure which ones.
And I can recommend using Ionity charging stations all the way on that route. The stations in France are well positioned as well as Germany, Denmark and Sweden. They have all worked out very well. In Germany the EnBW network also has been great. Along the German Autobahn, a lot of charging stations are indicated on the road signs. So plenty of choice.

If you use the Charging Planner, watch out for the frequent map updates, that will replan your route and may chose slower charging stations with lower power as well as being a bit off the track? That issue has puzzled me several times. Keep checking that the Ionity Chargers are chosen.

For this area I can strongly recommend ChargeFinder app to locate charging stations. The information seems very up to date about availability and also yo see how much SOC the cars that are charging have got. So you can estimate how long you need to wait if they are occupied.
https://chargefinder.com/en.

I would like to hear your experience with the Pirelli tyres on the roads from Malmö to at least Stockholm. The noise level in my car with 21 inch mission E and Good Year Eagle F1 was unbelievable noisy. I wish the car had had active noise cancelling in the radio.

And you should be very unlucky to find any snow on the roads mid June.

Good Luck!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
For this area I can strongly recommend ChargeFinder app to locate charging stations. The information seems very up to date about availability and also yo see how much SOC the cars that are charging have got. So you can estimate how long you need to wait if they are occupied.
https://chargefinder.com/en.
Brilliant advice. Will help me for sure. Had it downloaded but not seen the functionality with the SOC.

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
Would be great to be part of a Taycan rally across Europe! This trip sounds like fun look forward to hearing all about it

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Don't get a speeding ticket in Finland. It's proportional to your income. How they'd find out a foreigners income is a bit blurry, but if you're a bit famous they might come after you after the fact.

Will be watching this! Bit disappointed you're not driving more in Norway, but alas, I'll take roads from our neighbors.

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the advice.

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Would be great to be part of a Taycan rally across Europe! This trip sounds like fun look forward to hearing all about it
Maybe there is someone interested in traveling with us on this adventure in their own Taycan…