Southernmost to northernmost roads of Europe: Tarifa to Nordkapp in a Taycan Turbo S ! One week until departure for South of Spain.

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Preparations under way: rear tires changed, check-up and levels top-up at dealer, windshield washing liquid, paper and squeegee ready for frunk, charging cards and dongles in car, driver haircut, and continuous ABRP, Chargefinder, Ionity, Electromaps, Recarga Pública (Iberdrola), JuicePass (ENDESA-ENEL), Fastned, InCharge and Fortum Charge use for checking, rechecking and planning of charge stops and alternates. Awaiting eagerly for update that reinstates Google in the nav search.
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Good Luck for your trip.

Will follow this with great interest. Since you seem to take a similar route from entry into France up to Gävle in Sweden, compared to the one I just drove. And from South of France to Gävle there was excellent coverage with Ionity chargers. Some broken chargers unfortunately on the way but no real disasters. Will be interesting to see if you will encounter more traffic and thus more queues at Ionity stations.

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wish one could reserve an Ionity charger at least 15 minutes before. They could maybe at least make this available for very fast charging cars like ours, specially if we are frequently using their chargers.

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I wish one could reserve an Ionity charger at least 15 minutes before. They could maybe at least make this available for very fast charging cars like ours, specially if we are frequently using their chargers.
My experience with Ionity is that it is rare that they all are occupied. Last year we went to Croatia in Europe's summer holiday period. We drove on a saturday and only at one stop they were all occupied so we drove on to the next one 50 km further.

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Google search is now available again in the destination nav search. Strange oart is I got no notification about updates, no infotainment or maps update.

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Stayed up late, making list of what to pack, checking weather forecasts at different points throughout our route. Will be going from mid 20°C‘s thru low 30°C’s to low 20°C’s until Stockholm. From there North, high teens down to upper single digits at Nordkapp. So all-weather clothing required.

tomw00

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS P510e, i3S,Turbo
Country flag
Preparations under way: rear tires changed, check-up and levels top-up at dealer, windshield washing liquid, paper and squeegee ready for frunk, charging cards and dongles in car, driver haircut, and continuous ABRP, Chargefinder, Ionity, Electromaps, Recarga Pública (Iberdrola), JuicePass (ENDESA-ENEL), Fastned, InCharge and Fortum Charge use for checking, rechecking and planning of charge stops and alternates. Awaiting eagerly for update that reinstates Google in the nav search.
Hi Pozuelo,

I have been driving around Spain for almost a couple of weeks now.
My tips
1) Endesa is appalling. Try to avoid if possible.
Make sure you have added a credit card to the Spanish version of the wallet.
Try to find an Endesa to test with before you need it. I needed to log a support call to get my account to work. This took over a day to sort out.
2) Iberdrola is more reliable but the Porsche RFID card is hit and miss. Use the Porsche app to tell the charger to start charging works better.
3) Hopefully you have a 3 phase 22kW charger - if so make sure to buy the appropriate cable.

See below a picture of two dead Endesa DC chargers. Fortunately the 22kW worked

Porsche Taycan Southernmost to northernmost roads of Europe: Tarifa to Nordkapp in a Taycan Turbo S !  One week until departure for South of Spain. 20220608_145438

Porsche Taycan Southernmost to northernmost roads of Europe: Tarifa to Nordkapp in a Taycan Turbo S !  One week until departure for South of Spain. 20220608_145438

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Hi Pozuelo,

I have been driving around Spain for almost a couple of weeks now.
My tips
1) Endesa is appalling. Try to avoid if possible.
Make sure you have added a credit card to the Spanish version of the wallet.
Try to find an Endesa to test with before you need it. I needed to log a support call to get my account to work. This took over a day to sort out.
2) Iberdrola is more reliable but the Porsche RFID card is hit and miss. Use the Porsche app to tell the charger to start charging works better.
3) Hopefully you have a 3 phase 22kW charger - if so make sure to buy the appropriate cable.

See below a picture of two dead Endesa DC chargers. Fortunately the 22kW worked

20220608_145438.jpg

20220608_145438.jpg
You have a really long type 2 cable. How long is it? Mine is 5 meters.

tomw00

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS P510e, i3S,Turbo
Country flag
You have a really long type 2 cable. How long is it? Mine is 5 meters.
Hmm...I feel there is a joke in there somewhere ;-)
It's 7.5m and I purchased it from the Tesla online shop for £100/€117/$125

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Hmm...I feel there is a joke in there somewhere ;-)
It's 7.5m and I purchased it from the Tesla online shop for £100/€117/$125
😂 Well actually as was trying to write as neutral as possible because I really wanted to know if it practical to have a longer cable and if you were in a situation that it wouldn’t be possible to charge with a 5 m cable. . But it is practically the impossible not to make suggestions on cables and length.

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks. Yes I have used Endesa with both the app and their RFID card, as I live in Spain my credit cards are local. Also used Iberdrola with their app as they have no RFID card, and also with the Porsche Card as well.
Sponsored