First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X4M Competition
Country flag
Hi All,
I had my order confirmed this week for a Volcano Grey 4S CT, with the slightly upgraded wheels, pan roof, chrono and sound pack......but in true 'me' fashion, I changed my mid over the weekend!

I have now spec'd a 4 CT with a ton load more extra's (ones that I REALLY wanted but couldn't justify on the 4S) and its actually less money. They have said it shouldn't be to much of an issue to change, but waiting to hear back if it effects build time.

What does the 4S have other than 1 sec faster 0-60? I know you need to spec the black window surrounds on the 4S where you don't on the 4, but other than that they are basically the same right?

As they are all the same battery etc, is it potential that via a software update (in the future) the 4 could be as fast as the 4S?

Cheers in advance for your feedback :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

XKSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jag xk120, Jag XKSS, Defender, Taycan CT4, +bikes
Country flag
I have a 4CT - it's the same battery as 4S but the motor is less powerful - I've driven both extensively and the difference is not huge but noticeable.

. 4s has red calipers and 4 has black ones. 4 has black window surrounds as STD but on 4S it's a chargeable option.

Software update - that won't happen to make them the same speed.

The 4 is as fast as I'll ever need to go in the UK and has 470hp I believe. As you go up the range speeds, prices, specs and the range changes.

Make sure to spec. privacy glass IMO it looks odd without it and only £250

Enjoy

Attachments

OP
OP

mattdsc

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X4M Competition
Country flag
Thanks for the reply and info.

Great to have real world feedback on this one.

Yours looks epic and basically the same as I have spec'd the 4S, but in Grey (same alloys as well).

Both have privacy glass spec'd.

I added a good few things on the 4, that just weren't justifiable on the 4S - pushed it over 100k :(

Thanks again

I have a 4CT - it's the same battery as 4S but the motor is less powerful - I've driven both extensively and the difference is not huge but noticeable.

. 4s has red calipers and 4 has black ones. 4 has black window surrounds as STD but on 4S it's a chargeable option.

Software update - that won't happen to make them the same speed.

The 4 is as fast as I'll ever need to go in the UK and has 470hp I believe. As you go up the range speeds, prices, specs and the range changes.

Make sure to spec. privacy glass IMO it looks odd without it and only £250

Enjoy

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Hi All,
I had my order confirmed this week for a Volcano Grey 4S CT, with the slightly upgraded wheels, pan roof, chrono and sound pack......but in true 'me' fashion, I changed my mid over the weekend!

I have now spec'd a 4 CT with a ton load more extra's (ones that I REALLY wanted but couldn't justify on the 4S) and its actually less money. They have said it shouldn't be to much of an issue to change, but waiting to hear back if it effects build time.

What does the 4S have other than 1 sec faster 0-60? I know you need to spec the black window surrounds on the 4S where you don't on the 4, but other than that they are basically the same right?

As they are all the same battery etc, is it potential that via a software update (in the future) the 4 could be as fast as the 4S?

I had the same dilemma but ended up order the CT 4S as I think the residuals might be a bit better. Almost kept mine to £100k
code is PPE8NMB2

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hi All,

I ordered a CT 4S knowing that I only needed a CT4. I did so because I wanted to avoid 2nd guessing later….not because of anything specific that the 4S offers. I think I also like that as you go up in the model range there is generally a little more exclusivity.

If a CT4 with more options excites you more, you should go that route.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I have now spec'd a 4 CT with a ton load more extra's (ones that I REALLY wanted but couldn't justify on the 4S) and its actually less money.
What does the 4S have other than 1 sec faster 0-60?
Keep in mind that cost options have minimal effect on used Porsche values- it'd be safest to assume that they add zero value, so a highly optioned vehicle will lose a lot more value than a more lightly optioned one. It's even possible that a highly optioned lower trim vehicle will cost you more in terms of purchase price v resale value than one the next trim level up, though maybe not from 4 to 4S unless the latter has many of your chosen options already included in its base spec.

Schn3ll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera e-hybrid, 2018 Carrera T, 2012 Volt
Country flag
I’m in the same boat.
I have a deposit down and am first in line for a CT4but it’s with about $23k in options. I know some companies are working on a remap/piggyback that will take the 4 to 4S power levels and the cars will be identical but I know from a resale perspective that means nothing.

The 4S I specced was about $4k higher than the 4, and I’m very torn on what to do. Either way, it’s a LONG wait!

My dealer has no one on the list for a 4S either and I wonder if Porsche prioritizes higher trims for production / profit and that might get me one sooner… hmm

XKSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jag xk120, Jag XKSS, Defender, Taycan CT4, +bikes
Country flag
Interesting points raised - I saw a post somewhere recently showing the number of UK Taycans registered since 2020 in both guises (saloon & CT) the 4S model greatly outnumbered all other models sold (4, Tbo & TboS) - so the exclusivity point may be quite the opposite when many reach their 3 year lease-end time and a slew of 4S models hit the used market. Who knows? - gauging used values , with or without extras fitted , is anyones guess - who'd have thought we'd be where we are today with almost every used car worth way more than could have ever been predicted.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I prefered CT4 with looots of options (over 47k€) than 4S.
of course, it’s your money, your decision :like:

levinsje

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I also went the CT4 loaded with options route and have no regrets.
My test drive of the CT4 S was a blast but the upgraded leather, Burmester sound, rear steering, etc is noticed every time I drive. Nailing the throttle is great but not done very often. Also, the CT4 is quite quick and faster than most cars on the road.

OP
OP

mattdsc

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X4M Competition
Country flag
Great replies, thanks all.

I will have the car for4 years, so this has really made me think.

I have been advised that unless the car is of a certain spec, Porsche wont take the order. I do know my local dealership are not taking any more orders, so I have had to go further afield to order.

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
+1 on 4 with more options.

If this was heavy-loaded 4S vs light-loaded GTS, I'd say getting the higher trim makes more sense, as you actually get a lot stuff "for free" with GTS (this applies to other Porsche models as well). Not really the case between 4 and 4S.

Resale value is a factor but I don't think it matters that much in the grand scheme of things.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
A have a high spec CT4 (30 k in options) because the price difference in Belgium is 19k. In the UK it is just 6.5 K, I would probably go for the 4S and take the options I have now but I would drop remote parking and Porsche entry and drive and possibly the insulated glass and massage seats. That would compensate the differnce Still happy with my 4 however. And still wouldn’t buy a 4S in Belgium. Not worth the 19K for me. Guess I am not really helping you.

Reactions: B61

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 2022, RR P400e LWB 2018 "fully loaded"
Country flag
Hi All,

I took CT4 with all extras and could not be happier. For next one only leather sunvisors and night vision, maybe racetex roof. But I would still order another CT4.
Sponsored