andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Currently have a MY 2015 Panamera Diesel - 300BHP/221KW, which I have had from new. Recently have had the gearbox fail which was disappointing - always serviced by Porsche main dealer and has only done 55000Km (35000m). Whilst waiting for the new gearbox and having this repaired (so lots of visits to the dealer, fortunately under extended warranty) I have been intrigued by the Taycan which finally arrived in Australia last month. It seems the plan is for this the essentially replace the Panamera in Australia (no dealers have any new Panamera models on dispaly or on order and will only order an individual one to your specification).
A few facts international readers need to be aware of in Australia.
1. There are no incentives or discounts for EV (infact two states have recently announced additional levies for all EV)
2. Taxes on new vehicles are very high in Australia, so our prices are about 30-40% higher for the same vehicle compared to the US
3. Porsche do provide a slightly more generous spec for Australian cars, but there are no option packages - each is costed separately
4. EV infrastructure is very limited in Australia
So with that it mind, have taken two test drives. 4S with some interior upgrades but standard mechanical specification - amazing performance, DL definitely will be at risk! Some wind noise and did not like e-motor wine (sounded like an underground train to me). Also drive a Turbo S with acoustic glass, PDCC, PTV+ - much quieter, performance even more outrageous but way beyond my price bracket and did not perceive (at least in a 30 minute city/freeway drive) a significant benefit from PDCC and PTV plus. Turbo is about $60,000 more in Australia than the 4S.
This is my current spec so would appreciate any advice: PMQQZKD0
1. I like the look of Ice Grey but have not seen a car in this colour and is an extra $5000 for us in Australia. Volcano grey was almost black and no Agate grey option (my current colour) - too conservative for the various whites, blues and green - have had four black cars in past an never again - too hot and too much cleaning.
2. I have to park in quite a few places with very tight access (as my Panamera alloy wheel repairs bills over the years will confirm), so I think RWS should help with this - have not been able to try as none of the cars in any of our dealers in Sydney have this fitted.
3. I really like the analgue clock in my current car (inset into Sport Chrono), but an extra $2000 is a lot for a clock
4. CT is due here in October - I like the hatch and would certainly help with boot access which I use every day (lots of bags to and from work/gym/home) but not keen on the plastic wheel rims and extra length might be an issue with opening the hatch in my home garage. No one can confirm how much extra the hatch protrudes beyond rear bumper of the CT - in the Panamera it is about 80mm and it just works for me. Dealer is 'certain' there will not be a ST version of the Taycan and in Australia we will only have 4S and Turbo CT (no 4 and Turbo S)
Would really appreciate any comments and suggestions.
Andrew
Sponsored