Speed Limit Display - What is Red Outline?

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 928S
Country flag
The posted speed limit on the central display, behind the steering wheel, becomes outlined in red from time to time. What does the red outline mean? I have not found any documentation for the outlined display.
Sponsored

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
The posted speed limit on the central display, behind the steering wheel, becomes outlined in red from time to time. What does the red outline mean? I have not found any documentation for the outlined display.
The speed limit traffic sign on your display gets a red outline when you exceed that speed limit by a margin which you can set between 0 and 10 mph. This feature can also be shut off entirely via a screen which is buried somewhere in the many layers of settings.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The speed limit traffic sign on your display gets a red outline when you exceed that speed limit by a margin which you can set between 0 and 10 mph. This feature can also be shut off entirely via a screen which is buried somewhere in the many layers of settings.
Addition/correction to my earlier message: I meanwhile went to my car to look up how it can be set. Press Settings (with the cog wheel) in the home screen of the upper central display. Press Assistance Systems Settings and then Traffic Sign Recognition. There you will find an option to either select or deselect such speed limit warning. I stand corrected: the maximum deviation is 5 mph, not 10.

Neighs

First Name
Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW X3 35d, BMW 135i
Country flag
Addition/correction to my earlier message: I meanwhile went to my car to look up how it can be set. Press Settings (with the cog wheel) in the home screen of the upper central display. Press Assistance Systems Settings and then Traffic Sign Recognition. There you will find an option to either select or deselect such speed limit warning. I stand corrected: the maximum deviation is 5 mph, not 10.
I can’t get it to stay on between shut downs.

Neighs

First Name
Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW X3 35d, BMW 135i
Country flag
For whatever (lucky) reason, I only had to set it once and it stayed.
Some settings just won’t stay where I put them.

Then occasionally they stick, for no apparent reason.

It’s bugging the hell out of me that the speed warning won’t stay on.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Wish I could remember how I turned this off - but it hasn't complained about speeds in excess of 95 MPH. And I DO have traffic sign recognition enabled, just not regard detected limits (for assistance systems, ACC and InnoDrive).

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wish I could remember how I turned this off - but it hasn't complained about speeds in excess of 95 MPH. And I DO have traffic sign recognition enabled, just not regard detected limits (for assistance systems, ACC and InnoDrive).
I left Regard Detected Limits off as well, so it only shows the red outline around the speed limit sign but the car does not act on it in any way.
Sponsored