Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
With all due respect (and I have regarded you highly for years on Rennlist) the reason your Taycan didn’t sell better is because you went on many threads and crapped on the 2020 model as if they had major design flaws. Anyone that read your posts would assume that your car must have had a myriad of issues. I say that as someone who was literally shopping your car and then bought another 2020 4S (not as nicely specced as yours either!). Overall Taycan resale value is very strong.
F6L
I think you’re confusing him with Dr. G, the troll that spammed multiple forums with his complaints. Dr Chill’s car didn’t sell quick because it had a lot of miles and it was priced too high initially. Taycans are depreciating normally, like cars did before COVID. Big initial hit, then steady depreciation with use.
Sponsored

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
2 weeks and 1000 miles is not insignificant.
Shit doesn’t start falling off at two weeks, nor do things typically fail or show excessive wear. I remember when I lovvvvvved my 2004 Touareg V8 at two weeks. At six months, not so much.

You haven’t even broken the car in yet.

Dr Chill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2008 911 Turbo, 2009 911 Turbo Cab
Country flag
Shit doesn’t start falling off at two weeks, nor do things typically fail or show excessive wear. I remember when I lovvvvvved my 2004 Touareg V8 at two weeks. At six months, not so much.

You haven’t even broken the car in yet.
I usually don't keep cars long enough for them to show excessive wear. Regardless, these are my initial impressions about the car and how it contrasts with the Taycan.

FLT6LVR

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 911S
Country flag
I think you’re confusing him with Dr. G, the troll that spammed multiple forums with his complaints. Dr Chill’s car didn’t sell quick because it had a lot of miles and it was priced too high initially. Taycans are depreciating normally, like cars did before COVID. Big initial hit, then steady depreciation with use.
you are right and dr chill I owe you a sincere apology!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
LOL at drawing conclusions after two weeks of ownership.
One can come to quite a lot of conclusions about a product after 2 weeks of ownership. For example, how long do you test drive cars before coming to a conclusion such as whether or not to buy one?

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
One can come to quite a lot of conclusions about a product after 2 weeks of ownership. For example, how long do you test drive cars before coming to a conclusion such as whether or not to buy one?
We’re not talking about initial impressions. We’re taking about conclusions about whether it was the right decision to sell the Taycan and buy a Lucid, which was what he said. Two weeks and 1,000 miles is hardly enough to form any meaningful conclusions about quality or all around performance, things that would be kinda important considerations in drawing such a conclusion.

Could turn out to be an awesome car. Or a POS. No way to know after two weeks. As I said, LOL.

And you’ve never bought a car based on an initial positive impression and then turned out not liking it after living with for a while? Lucky you.

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
We’re not talking about initial impressions. We’re taking about conclusions about whether it was the right decision to sell the Taycan and buy a Lucid, which was what he said. Two weeks and 1,000 miles is hardly enough to form any meaningful conclusions about quality or all around performance, things that would be kinda important considerations in drawing such a conclusion.

Could turn out to be an awesome car. Or a POS. No way to know after two weeks. As I said, LOL.

And you’ve never bought a car based on an initial positive impression and then turned out not liking it after living with for a while? Lucky you.
Most of the time someone buys a car, it’s because they’ve come to a conclusion that it will be a net positive experience . Could it turn out that they experience was negative, of course, but it doesn’t make the original conclusion wrong, as it was based on information available at that time. Everyone has 20/20 hindsight, but that’s not the point. The point is to make the best decisions based in information available at that time. The alternative is to not make the decision, but that could also be seen as making a decision to not purchase a car for example, which in retrospect could also turn out to be a bad decision.

Making a car purchase decision based on a two week ownership experience, and likely online information, is more solid than most of the car purchase decisions.

Have I ever bought a car I regretted? Nope, because I always look at it from the point of view of “did I make the right decision based on the information I had available at the time”. Did I ever buy cars I wanted to get rid off sooner than originally planned because the the ownership experience was not what I thought it would be? Twice. I do not regret either purchase btw.

Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
Have had the Lucid Air Touring for 2 weeks now. Some impressions: It gets as many comments and reactions as the Taycan did 2 years ago. That will fade as more appear on the road. I'm shocked by the fact that 90% of people I know have no idea what a Lucid is. Interior room is dramatic. As much or more than my Audi A8L in the same size package as my wife's Audi S6. Trunk/frunk are both powered open and close and storage capacity is huge. When I charge to 100%, the range is listed as 375 miles, not the 425 as the EPA rated. I seem to get about 15% less than that but I rarely drive under 85 mph on the highway. When driving in Swift or Sprint mode the car is as fast if not faster than the Taycan 4S. Launch control feels similar to the 4S. The ride is very compliant and irregularities and bumps are swallowed up easily. Steering feel and handling is pretty good for a luxury sedan, but cannot compare to the Taycan.

Software update x 2 last week have helped with the responsiveness and addition of SiriusXM but it is a far cry from Porsche at the moment. That should continue to improve. Highway assist better than on the Taycan. Driver aides such as side cameras that show your blind spots on the main display and auto-park are nice but not necessary. The surround 360 camera does have really high quality imaging and is far superior to the Posche equivalent. The Homelink buttons appear on the screen as you approach the house, and differentiates between my 2 homes and only presents the location I am approaching. You might feel that is unimportant but it is something that is used twice a trip and does impact overall satisfaction. One gripe is that when backing out of my garage, the camera image stays on the main display and I have to manually close it to access the Homelink in order to close the garage. That needs to change.

Things aside from driving dynamics that are better in the Taycan: Porsches have better overall fit and finish. The Lucid has really nice interior materials and is very comfortable though. My car seems to be very well put together but there is a slight trim misalignment on a passenger door and the trunk gap on one side is slightly larger than the other side. Regen braking is much stronger in the Lucid but I prefer the brake pedal controlled regen in the Taycan. I definitely miss the two charge ports on the Taycan and the button that turns from green to white when you can disconnect the charger. The Lucid locks the charger handpiece in place so you cannot remove it without the key in your possession or unlocking it via the phone app. That's a PIA if you want to unplug when you are in the garage without either.

Overall, it has been a learning experience but the Lucid Air has been relatively flawless so far and is also a pleasure to drive. While some of you may not like the way it looks, virtually everyone that has seen it comments how nice it is. That will always be a subjective thing. I didn't care for the Taycan in pics originally, but when I saw my first one in the wild, I had to own it.

My Lucid Air Touring has an MSRP of $127k and I will be listing it for sale shortly as I ordered another one with a metal roof due in February/March because my wife really hates the glass roof which lets in more light and heat than we want (living in south FL). Two weeks of driving this car has supported the decision to move from the Taycan. The increased range, improved compliance with road irregularities, and dramatically larger interior are the true selling points of the Lucid.

20221218_171959.jpg

IMG_20221217_161756.jpg

20221217_170057_2.jpg
hmm so a car that does not handle like a Porsche and does not have the same fit and finish of Porsche but offers more space, more comfortable over bumps and 25% cheaper. Does that sound familiar 🤔?.....Nah.....I must be imagining..... looks these guys cracked the Porsche killer code finally. Damn.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I'm taking the easy option of posting this here as I'm not interested enough in it to go to the effort of creating and owning a new thread, and figured that here's a good a place as any to bring it to the attention of like-minded forum members 😁 -

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Lucid will be likely out of money soon, so if anyone wants a new one, ya might want to get that order in now.

Dr Chill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2008 911 Turbo, 2009 911 Turbo Cab
Country flag
6 months of ownership later, still loving my Lucid. Have had no issues, OTA updates every 1-2 weeks makes it better and the added range and huge interior set it ahead of the Taycan. You guys may not like the looks, but it gets far more compliments than did my Taycan.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Having since been up close and personal with one I can readily say you couldn’t pay me to have one - some specs def interesting but Taycan design just in a different league.

SCD

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911S Cabriolet, Cayenne
Country flag
Lucid will be likely out of money soon, so if anyone wants a new one, ya might want to get that order in now.
Given that the majority owner of Lucid is Saudi Arabia's PIF, they won't be running out of money any time soon.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Given that the majority owner of Lucid is Saudi Arabia's PIF, they won't be running out of money any time soon.
And you think they’ll pour money into a company that’s bleeding hundreds of millions every quarter and can’t even sell the cars they’re producing? Lucid’s deliveries are way behind because demand is way below expectations. It’s a zombie stock.

Anyone else notice in the video that the shortcut buttons on the dash were already out of alignment?
Sponsored