Sport design side skirt install after purchase?

nwills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Found this on Suncoastparts: https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/pktaysills.html
Anyone do this?

I picked up my 4S without the sport design and regret not having the side skirts. This looks like an inexpensive and simple modification but I'm not sure what would be involved in the installation process.

It looks like only the insert needs to be painted in the body color as the rest of the sideskirt is in black plastic. I assume the installation simply involves removing the non sport design skirts and replacing them with the new skirts.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Found this on Suncoastparts: https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/pktaysills.html
Anyone do this?

I picked up my 4S without the sport design and regret not having the side skirts. This looks like an inexpensive and simple modification but I'm not sure what would be involved in the installation process.

It looks like only the insert needs to be painted in the body color as the rest of the sideskirt is in black plastic. I assume the installation simply involves removing the non sport design skirts and replacing them with the new skirts.
While I did not add the sideskirts aftermarket (I had them as part of my build), I totally agree that it should be quite simple. Since you will need the insert painted by a body shop, it won't be very much additional expense to have them install it as well. The benefit of having the body shop do it is that my experience with Suncoast, while very good, is that their stuff comes to you with very little instruction. They kind of assume that you are having a professional do the installation.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Porsche Techquipment will sell colour matched inserts with Sports Design skirts ... at a price, I saw them in the catalogue.

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
I added the side skirts and front spolier and both turned out well. I had a Porsche Approved body shop do the work. Also added PPF to had the spoiler to go along with the hood etc.
Taycan (2).png
thumbnail_image3.jpg
thumbnail_image1.jpg
Looks great!
Have been considering doing the same or similar.
Did you order the side skirts and spoiler from Suncoast or Porsche?

Ice

First Name
Ice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I added the side skirts and front spolier and both turned out well. I had a Porsche Approved body shop do the work. Also added PPF to had the spoiler to go along with the hood etc.
Taycan (2).png
thumbnail_image3.jpg
thumbnail_image1.jpg
Great stuff.
Looking to do the same on my T4S and get the turbo front look.
Is the "Turbo Front Bumper Spoiler Conversion" consisting of add-on blades or is it one complete part?
How is it mounted? Is it glued on?

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is the "Turbo Front Bumper Spoiler Conversion" consisting of add-on blades or is it one complete part?
How is it mounted? Is it glued on?
It is a single part. They will have to remove the lower front airdam (bolted and snapped) and replace it with the new one. I believe they will interact with the camera assemblies as well as part of this to re-secure them to the piece. The painted part of the piece comes primed and should (as someone noted) be PPF'd even if there is no PPF anywhere else on the car. Look at your lower 4S spoiler now, and you'll see why: That part gets a lot hitting it.

When I first saw the Taycan, I was disappointed that there was no option to extend the painted surface all the way down to the lowest part of the vehicle. Now that I have had the car for a while, I can see that it would have been a disaster for that part of the car. I see now why they didn't make it available, so they wouldn't have to hear from owners about damage to that painted surface. I still think it would look quite nice - if only for a little while...

Ice

First Name
Ice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It is a single part. They will have to remove the lower front airdam (bolted and snapped) and replace it with the new one. I believe they will interact with the camera assemblies as well as part of this to re-secure them to the piece. The painted part of the piece comes primed and should (as someone noted) be PPF'd even if there is no PPF anywhere else on the car. Look at your lower 4S spoiler now, and you'll see why: That part gets a lot hitting it.

When I first saw the Taycan, I was disappointed that there was no option to extend the painted surface all the way down to the lowest part of the vehicle. Now that I have had the car for a while, I can see that it would have been a disaster for that part of the car. I see now why they didn't make it available, so they wouldn't have to hear from owners about damage to that painted surface. I still think it would look quite nice - if only for a little while...
Thanks for the explanation, makes sense. Maybe a good idea to wrap the lower part or something...

Gene Barlow

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 991.1; 2022 MB GLS450
Country flag
Thanks for the explanation, makes sense. Maybe a good idea to wrap the lower part or something...
Yes. This is a great modification for the price. I had the front spoiler PPF. They did NOT have to remove the camera to install. Highly recommend using a body shop recommended by your dealership. The front spoiler is a replacement part that is mounted. Nothing is "glued" on.

Ice

First Name
Ice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes. This is a great modification for the price. I had the front spoiler PPF. They did NOT have to remove the camera to install. Highly recommend using a body shop recommended by your dealership. The front spoiler is a replacement part that is mounted. Nothing is "glued" on.
Thx Gene.
Did you mean to say, they did NOT have to remove the camera to PPF the front spoiler or replace the spoiler?

Mad Pat 66

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag

I had the lower part of my 4S front bumper painted to match the rest of the car and so far so good ?I also reversed the colours on the side skirts to black on white from white on black and lowered the paint on the plastic part of the rear bumper.

Last edited:

Mad Pat 66

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone do this?

Any thoughts?
I reversed the colours on the side skirts on my 4S so the insert is black and the body of the skirt matches the car (white). I also painted the lower front bumper and think it has added to the looks of the car, but that’s just my opinion. There are pics of the car on this forum.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had the lower part of my 4S front bumper painted to match the rest of the car and so far so good ?I also reversed the colours on the side skirts from black on white to white on black and lowered the paint on the plastic part of the rear bumper.
That’s exactly what I thought would look great. (And it does!) Is it hard to keep clean?