chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Every CT I've seen on YouTube has had a "Gravel" shortcut button at the bottom of the lower control panel. As I didn't option my car with Sport Chrono, I was a bit worried I'd have to dive into menus every time I wanted launch... err Sport mode. However to my surprise, my car has a Sport button there :rock:

Is anyone else's car like this? Is there a setting in PCM to change this?

Porsche Taycan Sport/Gravel button ss (2022-01-02 at 12.25.46)
Sponsored

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
Every CT I've seen on YouTube has had a "Gravel" shortcut button at the bottom of the lower control panel. As I didn't option my car with Sport Chrono, I was a bit worried I'd have to dive into menus every time I wanted launch... err Sport mode. However to my surprise, my car has a Sport button there :rock:

Is anyone else's car like this? Is there a setting in PCM to change this?

ss (2022-01-02 at 12.25.46).jpg
I have a MY22 CT4 without Sport Chrono and my center console is the same as yours. Since Gravel is my least used mode I am happy with this set up. It's easy to toggle between Normal and Sport. Plus if I want to go from Range or Gravel to Normal, I just press Sport twice.

My preference would be for the Sport button to advance through all the modes rather than toggle Sport on and off. In effect this would be a push button version of the steering wheel mode selector that sequences through the modes.

OP
OP
chylld

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
I suspect cars without Sport Chrono are getting a Sport shortcut there instead of Gravel.

I tried Range mode for the first time yesterday and noticed the ride was a bit firmer, then looked and saw the car was in its lowest setting. Don't think I'll use it again as I like my comfort. Climbed and parked on an uneven grass incline the other day and normal mode handled it with aplomb!
Porsche Taycan Sport/Gravel button ss (2022-01-02 at 01.49.43)

Sport button cycling through all modes would be dangerously close to Sport Chrono dial functionality, so I don't think Porsche would allow that :lipssealed:

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
I suspect cars without Sport Chrono are getting a Sport shortcut there instead of Gravel.
Another possibility is that Gravel is the choice on the center console screen when the CT includes the Off-Road Design Package.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
This is not relevant to the presence of Sports Chrono or not.

Launch control does not require the Sports Chrono option.

All variants have drive modes Normal, Range and Sport. CT variants include Gravel. Any variant which has Sports Chrono will also get Individual mode and Sports Plus.

As to why the soft key says Sport and not Gravel on CT variants is a little odd and could be a software glitch.

My Park Assist soft key sometimes displays the auto park function (which I don't have) rather than Parking Assist.

As far as I'm aware there is no option within the PCM to set the default mode for what should be Gravel mode soft key on all CT variants.

Off-road design package introduces additional suspension height (as well as cosmetic plastic trim) when Gravel mode is engaged.

Last edited:

jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
I saw a sedan at Porsche Mayfair that had a Gravel mode button, so yes, I think there's a glitch. That vehicle shouldn't even have Gravel mode.

Reactions: DrT

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
All Cross Turismos have Gravel mode, AWD and air suspension, not an option.

Reactions: B61

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Much better as a Sports button than gravel. I, and assume others, use Sport mode regularly but gravel very rarely so it’s surely a better use of the button for most

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
This is not relevant to the presence of Sports Chrono or not.

Launch control does not require the Sports Chrono option.

All variants have drive modes Normal, Range and Sport. CT variants include Gravel. Any variant which has Sports Chrono will also get Individual mode.

As to why the soft key says Sport and not Gravel on CT variants is a little odd and could be a software glitch.

My Park Assist soft key sometimes displays the auto park function (which I don't have) rather than Parking Assist.

As far as I'm aware there is no option within the PCM to set the default mode for what should be Gravel mode soft key on all CT variants.

Off-road design package introduces additional suspension height (as well as cosmetic plastic trim) when Gravel mode is engaged.
Maximal suspension height doesn’t increase with off road package. Standard height with off road is 1 cm higher but maximal height is +2 cm with off road and +3 without.

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Much better as a Sports button than gravel. I, and assume others, use Sport mode regularly but gravel very rarely so it’s surely a better use of the button for most
But then you dont have a button to easily lift the car if going on a rougher road surface (eg road construction work, gravel backroads etc.). I think it is handy. Sport mode can easily be switched with the knob in Sports Chrono, usually not in a hurry to do so unlike with gravel mode, even though I also use Sport Plus more than gravel.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
But then you dont have a button to easily lift the car if going on a rougher road surface (eg road construction work, gravel backroads etc.). I think it is handy. Sport mode can easily be switched with the knob in Sports Chrono, usually not in a hurry to do so unlike with gravel mode, even though I also use Sport Plus more than gravel.
You can lift the car with the dedicated button on the right side of the instrument cluster.

Runestone

First Name
Sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I have a 2021 CT without sports crono and the button says “sports”. I also prefer to have sports instead of gravel easily accessible.

My guess is that they put Gravel on the button on the demo cars that they lent to reviewers to highlight the new option. And judging from the videos I haven seen it was a successful strategy.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Honestly where I drive I’ve never needed the extra clearance even on gravel roads. There is a button you can press to lift the car that I use where I park in the ski resort to avoid the snow banks and it remembers the setting and now automatically lifts. I have used the gravel mode a couple of times on a gravel mode and on snow but it’s a gimmick IMO whereas I use Sport mode every time I drive up that hill.
Sponsored