Sport Seats vs Comfort Seats

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
Hi All,

I have ordered a Taycan GTS which is going into production in the next couple of weeks. I have selected the options I want but I'm really torn by getting comfort seats or sport seats. I have tried them both and the only issue I have with the sport seats is that the bottom side bolsters are touching me legs more than the comfort would, but the sport seats do look better.

I have a Tesla Model S which has a wider bottom section on the seat, so im not sure if it something I will get use to over time if I do select the sport seats. Any advise would be really appreciated. Please feel free to see my Porsche code below for any other comments. Thanks in advance.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNK8ZIS7

Porsche Taycan Sport Seats vs Comfort Seats Screenshot 2022-02-06 at 18.23.08
Sponsored

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I was getting the 18 w seats but the dealer advised to go for the 14 w. For exact the reason you mention. Apparently this feeling becomes annoying after driving for more than an hour. All personal en depends of your length and weight. Lots of different options. Maybe you should do a longer test drive? I went for 14w and included massage.

OP
OP
badboy1980

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
I was getting the 18 w seats but the dealer advised to go for the 14 w. For exact the reason you mention. Apparently this feeling becomes annoying after driving for more than an hour. All personal en depends of your length and weight. Lots of different options. Maybe you should do a longer test drive? I went for 14w and included massage.
Thanks. You are right. I’m going to try it out and see which one suits. For a seat I guess it’s more important they fee right rather than the way they look.

OP
OP
badboy1980

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
18 ways hold you in better, 14 ways offer easier in and out and wider flat sections for comfort. All personal preference. Drive them both back to back if you can. That was the clincher for me.
Which ones did you choose?

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
18 ways, but I prioritize sportiness over luxury. If I wanted more comfort, I would choose 14 ways. My wife loves them but she also loves the LWBs in my GT4.
I purchased the 18 way as well..........and I would purchase them all over again. The seats are identical to the 14 ways EXCEPT the seat and side bolsters are a little higher/taller. Like other parts of the seats the bolsters adjust when you open the door to get out and dust again when you close the door and are seated. I have mine set pretty tight and find them to be very comfortable but then I like a tight fitting seat that limits sideways movement in aggressive turns, etc. I was able to try out both the 14 and 18 way at the dealership when I configured my car and the choice for me was easy. Wife liked them as well as she could adjust them for a more comfortable fit.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
18 way seats certainly fit the character of any GTS model, however I find the bolstering to be too aggressive for a daily/family car. If it is being used for some other purpose, then they could work well.

porcha

First Name
H.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have the comfort seats (w massage) and they are great. I had the sport seats on my last 911 - good but not as comfortable. A Taycan is not a sports car - I would get the comfort seats and enjoy the ride.
Sponsored