If you have Sport Sound in your Taycan - do you use it most of the time?

• Total voters

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
When I had a demo of the Taycan I switched the sport sound off after about 30 seconds, and the same even at the PEC Silverstone driving fast. I didn't bother to spec it on my CT4S as a result.
If you do like it do you leave it on most of the time though, or only in certain circumstances?
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I think it's brilliant.
There's lots of frequencies boiling together in just the right amount.
Deep rumble, varying when stationary and increases with the rpm, it does sound genuine.
It really suits the sort of car that a Taycan is.
Sometimes I even wish it could be louder.
It also sounds fantastic on up and downshift.
Love it.

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Poll options a bit limited. I do not use it most of the time. I do use it on a daily basis though.
That was deliberate.
I was interested to know how many people use it more time than they have it off.

Edinburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S on order
Country flag
I only got my car on the 31st December, so it is still something of a novelty - but I really like the sport sound as it adds something to the driving experience for me and tend to use it more often than not.

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The poll needs an "occasionally" option, as it's too black & white.
I really like the sports sound, but I keep it off unless I'm in Sports / Sports+ as it adds to the drama.
I deliberately left occasionally off :)

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Want to say it was bundled with my over-spec’d build as don’t recall selecting it separately (might be denial!!) but literally turned it off after first test on day 1! Did the same thing when I got my last M4 convertible in 2014 which piped psuedo sounds into the overly quiet cabin.
Guess I have a fundamental problem with not hearing the actual motor noise (whether electric or ICE, maybe esp latter) vs a synthetic overlay - just seems pointless and basically false and in the Taycan found it particularly ‘gimmicky’ (not sure that’s a word!).

Rab88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
It's fake, and I feel like a show-off if it have it on, if I'm being honest. Don't expect many to agree with that but just my thoughts. Different case if it were a natural sound not being amplified.

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Nearly run over a couple of hill walkers the other day ….they stepped out into the path of the car …..they couldn’t hear the car approaching from behind 😮🧐….so sport sound on all the time now 😉 rather be a show-off than locked up 😬

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I ticked the “no” box on the survey but TBH I never really gave this a chance. I turned it on twice in the first 48 hours of ownership and never turned it on again. I am going to try leaving it on for a couple of days to develop a more informed opinion. I’ll call it the “Sports Sound Challenge”. Open invitation for others to take the challenge with me and we can collectively report back.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Since we're talking about the sound. Has it to be manually engaged every time you enter the car? Or is it default on in sport mode for example?