If you have Sport Sound in your Taycan - do you use it most of the time?

• Total voters

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I rarely use the sound - more noise in my life is not why I purchased an EV…it's good for demo rides and it's well done, but I'm glad it is optional and can be "turned off"

given it's cost as an option I see no reason to leave it "off" the car - but it is one of the few options that can be retrofitted post purchase.

it's fun while it lasts - but for me personally it spends most of it's time disabled.
Sponsored

Volaris

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
When I had a demo of the Taycan I switched the sport sound off after about 30 seconds, and the same even at the PEC Silverstone driving fast. I didn't bother to spec it on my CT4S as a result.
If you do like it do you leave it on most of the time though, or only in certain circumstances?
I use it all the time, can't stand driving it with out it on. Feels too much like a fast golf cart!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
My car was preconfigured with it as it was a showroom spec.
I only turn it on to get a louder sound level exterior when driving in busy towns. Too many people walking like Zombies staring at their phones and do not hear the car coming. I find it a bit senseless since the car is so quiet and I rather listen to some nice music than a fake sound.

The option is 500 Euros here and I would rather have had that as a contribution to the ventilated seats, which is 1000 Euro. The ventilated seats would have been lovely in the hot weather.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Poll options a bit limited. I do not use it most of the time. I do use it on a daily basis though.
Same here. Especially at night, with night vision.
(Lots of animals on my last 3 miles to home)
I vote: No.

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
Can't drive without it. It's my favorite feature in the car. I only turn it off if it's nighttime and my kids are dozing off, which isn't my usual commute experience.

Last edited:

b16mov

First Name
ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
it depends on where you are I suppose , I have it on when I need it

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
All EV's have a legally required sound when under 19 mph for pedestrians. The optional Electric Sport Sound is louder outside and has the internal futuristic sound. I love mine and have it programmed with my Individual settings on my Sport Chrono dial to always be on.

People always tell me that they like the sound when I drive by too.

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4 RS; Panamera 4S; Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
I'd option it again because it's cheap for a new order but difficult & way too expensive to retrofit afterwards. That being said, we always have it off...I think it's too loud. I think the standard noises Taycan makes are the perfect balance of volume and fun.

Last edited:

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo MY22
Country flag
I do use it frequently...mainly inner city. Apart from that I do like the sound...it is also some kind of safety precaution for pedestrians/cyclists....they DO hear you coming....but some look to the sky for some reason :) :)
Would spec it again though

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'd option it again because it's cheap and difficult/impossible to retrofit afterwards. That being said, we always have it off...I think it's too loud. I think the standard noises Taycan makes are the perfect balance of volume and fun.
It's not impossible to retrofit. Just very expensive relative to the original option. I think it's about $500-$600 for the parts themselves + what looks like pretty extensive labor given the number of panels and the like that need to come off.

Print Preview - C:\Windows\TEMP\e3temp_6592\.aptcache\ae534osg/tf534arj (rparts-sites.s3.amazonaws.com)

AGDunc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Sprinter 4x4 Camper
Country flag
I'm only a week into ownership but I really like the sports sound. It adds another dimension to driving, and I like that adds sound outside the car. Its a safety feature in residential areas, but we have lots of foxes local to us too and it seems to be alerting them to the car's presence.

Besides that, it just sounds cool 😁 I also like the rev blip when slowing down in Sports+ mode (which I think is unique to the GTS, and may coincide with actually shifting into '1st gear'), which I didn't think I'd like at all.

I find it also really helps you gauge how hard you're squeezing the trigger as it is VERY easy to find yourself travelling VERY fast without trying hard, so the audio cue helps with that as well

j.w.s

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2024 Rivian R1S
Country flag
When I had a demo of the Taycan I switched the sport sound off after about 30 seconds, and the same even at the PEC Silverstone driving fast. I didn't bother to spec it on my CT4S as a result.
If you do like it do you leave it on most of the time though, or only in certain circumstances?
The sound is really well done, but I keep turning it off because, with an EV, quieter = better in my view. Having it active for spirited driving on a winding road is quite nice for feedback, but for daily driving I prefer the quiet.
Sponsored

Last edited: