If you have Sport Sound in your Taycan - do you use it most of the time?

• Total voters

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
It's fake, and I feel like a show-off if it have it on, if I'm being honest. Don't expect many to agree with that but just my thoughts. Different case if it were a natural sound not being amplified.
You've got a porsche GTS. Of course you're a show off. Now turn the music on !
Sponsored

DavidS78

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
When I had a demo of the Taycan I switched the sport sound off after about 30 seconds, and the same even at the PEC Silverstone driving fast. I didn't bother to spec it on my CT4S as a result.
If you do like it do you leave it on most of the time though, or only in certain circumstances?
I have it off more times than on. It’s a cool geeky kinda feature but the novelty wears off. I’ll tend to switch on more in a built up area/city.

Foxy

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS6,992GTS,GolfGTI
Country flag
Can it be heard from outside to any great effect? I live on a lane and use it in an effort to warn the many walkers and cyclists, but the buggers still don’t get out of the way until I’m on top of them!

Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is it time for this question again?

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
Fake in terms of that it's a generated sound, then yes it's fake. However, it is called "ELECTRIC sport sound", and if the Taycan's internals were actually louder, that's exactly what I would expect it to sound like--engineers did an excellent job with this.

Now, what sounds fake but is actually extremely annoying is the sound of a Tesla in reverse. To make matters worse, it seems majority of Tesla drivers somehow forgot you're allowed to park front end in, but insist parking backwards 100% of the time, using only the backup camera for guidance, which then leads to a 3-try reverse park strategy. Please spare us from that sound!!!

To the OP's question.....

Sport sound on usually after coffee/shot of espresso, and parking lots. Sometimes during city cruising. Off when carrying passengers since for them it's much louder in the back. Always off when on highway.

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Kia EV9
I leave it on almost all the time. It provides a better sense of speed and I just think it sounds cool but maybe it’s just me. It SOUNDS like the future!🤣 2 years in on this car and till the day I’m done with it, I’ll be turning that sound on.

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Sports sound is awesome and one of my favorite features. Not liking it is like not liking ocean view hotels, pizza, or the Dallas Cowboys losing. You do you though.

Last edited:

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
I don't use sports-sound for the majority of the time - but for those occasions when I want it, it's brilliant and worth every penny. ........ I wouldn't be without it.

I don't hoon the car around for the majority of the time ......... but occasionally a little rapid progress can be fun.

I don't play my Bose on full whack for the majority of the time ..... but occasionally when the music and mood are right....

I don't often hypermill extend my range ..... But on occasion, it makes more sense to slow down a bit to avoid an inconvenient charge stop en-route.

I don't think the extent to which you use a function or capability defines its value - It's more a case of how much you value the capability on those occasions that you want/need it.

Just my 2cents - FWIW

Cheers

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
It came standard in my Taycan, which I drive in Sport Plus mode nearly all the time, which means Sport Sound is also on nearly all the time. I really like it, and on the rare occasion I switch it to Range Mode or leave it in normal, the lack of sound just doesn‘t feel normal to me… like as if I was driving my sister’s Tesla… F that… I want my Taycan back. So I just end up turning it on with the diamond button when in another driving mode that’s not Sport Plus.
Sponsored