Country flag
Exactly, there are:

Audi:
A4 Avant and Allroad
A6 Avant and Allroad

VW:
Golf Wagon and Alltrack
Passat Wagon and Alltrack
There's also been a Cross Polo, but I think it's been discontinued.

it even goes to Skoda, where Octavia and Superb are offered as wagons but also as crossovers called "Scout"

I was actually surprised to see Porsche offer the Sport Turismo in the USA. Only car enthusiasts seem to enjoy wagons in the US these days. The "disease" has also spread to Europe but there the sedans are dying. You can get Skoda Octavia in wagon and scout models here but the sedan liftback isn't offered in Norway. The same with Audi, you can't order a single sedan except the A8. Can't even get an A5 anymore.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Exactly, there are:

Audi:
A4 Avant and Allroad
A6 Avant and Allroad

VW:
Golf Wagon and Alltrack
Passat Wagon and Alltrack '
There's also been a Cross Polo, but I think it's been discontinued.

it even goes to Skoda, where Octavia and Superb are offered as wagons but also as crossovers called "Scout"

I was actually surprised to see Porsche offer the Sport Turismo in the USA. Only car enthusiasts seem to enjoy wagons in the US these days. The "disease" has also spread to Europe but there the sedans are dying. You can get Skoda Octavia in wagon and scout models here but the sedan liftback isn't offered in Norway. The same with Audi, you can't order a single sedan except the A8. Can't even get an A5 anymore.
Yes we know that BUT how many do you ever see? It’s a small market niche now compounded with identical offerings within the 1 brand. Having a gravel button, plastic add-ons and 20mm height advantage does not an off-roader (soft or otherwise) make. The only upside (I hope) will be a cost saving for the ST - potentially pay for folding mirrors or something of that ilk!

I read that dealers in Florida stopped stocking Pana STs unless they had a specific customer order as no one was buying.

I loved my Pana ST and hoped to get a Taycan ST but as I’ve mentioned earlier time wasn’t on my side. Mind you after 2 years with Taycan saloon it might be a hard ask to change model for a bit more practicality especially when there is still no trailer hitch :headbang:

Different markets different tastes!

OP
OP
oalsaker

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have absolutely no idea whether it is sensible, I just said there exists a precedence of this kind of model division in Volkswagen group and there have been several instances of Porsche executives saying they are considering it. I can hold on to my sedan until ragnarok so I am in no hurry to change it out.

Runestone

First Name
Sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
The same with Audi, you can't order a single sedan except the A8. Can't even get an A5 anymore.
That is only in Norway (probably because they are not electric :)
Sweden has a full range of A5s (9 different), my daughter go her new A5 yesterday.

OP
OP
oalsaker

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Sweden has a full range of A5s (9 different), my daughter go her new A5 yesterday.
True. Ironically, I was just in the Swedish Audi-site to look at the RS5 in Sonoma green.

Mtljckt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT, BMW i3s, X5, 540i
Country flag
See this video, minutes 4:10 and 4:15, CT vs ST. Not sure where the author got them from, but those don't like like renderings to me. There's no doubt that the black arches are not too loved. I'm actually considering postponing my order until they remove them.

Mtljckt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT, BMW i3s, X5, 540i
Country flag
As a side note, see how they went for a yellow plate number for the green mamba, so they can match the yellow calipers. I'd say that's by design, so I would expect Porsche to address the black arch soon.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
As a side note, see how they went for a yellow plate number for the green mamba, so they can match the yellow calipers. I'd say that's by design, so I would expect Porsche to address the black arch soon.
Yellow plates at the rear are a legal requirement in UK (white on the front)!

OP
OP
oalsaker

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
This is the first person I've heard saying that the Sport Turismo is coming. If so, I would like to know his sources. I was more hyped for the new battery technology, though. Not only could it be a good idea to wait for an ST, but also to wait for new batteries.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
This is the first person I've heard saying that the Sport Turismo is coming. If so, I would like to know his sources. I was more hyped for the new battery technology, though. Not only could it be a good idea to wait for an ST, but also to wait for new batteries.
There is an interview with a chap from Porsche - can’t remember where I saw it (it may even be on the Porsche site) - where he mentions this and a 3rd Gen Panamera Sport Turismo (rather than being phased out - electrification mentioned also).

OP
OP
oalsaker

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Would it make sense to have an electric Panamera and and an electric Taycan? Sounds like an even stranger decision than having two different Taycan wagon editions.

Panamera sales in the US have been bleeding due to the Taycan taking its market. Making it more overlapping sounds even stranger. How will the distinguish them?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I agree, in the interview he simply didn't rule it out. The Panamera is still the flagship and so potentially life in the old dog yet.

Personally I can't see a market for 3 Sport / Cross Turismo vehicles all of which occupy the same market segment.