Sport Turismos for all - which one would you pick (4S, GTS or Turbo)?

timc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo, BMW 330e
Country flag
I am still going to order the CT, even though I am not a fan of the plastic. There are gravel roads here, and I do end up on them and one of my favourite places to go I really do need the extra ride height.
Sponsored

OP
OP
W1NGE

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I only do trips longer than that 3 or 4 times a year and am pleased the CT has the bigger battery. It just doesn't really increase performance much if at all. We will be in the Cairngorms at Easter, I may even have my Taycan by then, 9 months after deposit, but maybe not...
Hopefully you will - the added performance will be available for Launch Control - useful if on a hurry to beat the crowds to Waitrose!

I have a regular trip to Edinburgh (126 miles) so its for these instances where range continues to play on my mind at this time of year and no real option but to charge to 100% given the lack of accessible infrastructure (still).

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Slightly annoying that my CT is finally going to be delivered in just a few weeks, but for my sanity I'm gonna assume that the delivery time for a Turbo S Sport Turismo is going to be as horrible as it has been for the CT.

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
Im in the same boat as you @W1NGE - early order for a GTS ST but now wondering if its worth the (approx extra £10k?) for an equivalent Turbo. May try and find out more from the Dealer as to what likely timescales are for both, assuming they have any knowledge of that. Im not in a huge rush but if the Turbo is available sooner than would be a bonus. I also however dont like the RS Design wheels on the new configurator vs the GTS version.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
The range issue is a red-herring. The ST being a new model has been newly evaluated and includes recent range enhancements that were applied across all 4 wheel drive Taycan variants.

So the CT had the same improvements, but because it has not been evaluated, the range stats still reflect the pre-improvement performance.

If the CT was re-evaluated now, its range would be very similar to its ST equivalent.

cheers

Last edited:

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Another one who has had a reservation on the GTS ST for an eternity but will be stepping down to the 4S. Like winge mentioned there are things like the sport design trim on the GTS that I do not need and the performance gap between 4S and GTS is minimal.

OP
OP
W1NGE

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The range issue is a red-herring. The ST being a new model has been newly evaluated and includes recent range enhancements that were applied across all 4 wheel drive Taycan variants.

So the CT had the same improvements, but because it has not been evaluated the range stats still reflect the pre-improvement performance.

If the CT was re-evaluated now, its range would be very similar to its ST equivalent.

cheers
I'm sure the plastic bits on the CT add some drag...every little bit helps as they say and apparently the GTS is more economical

Porsche Taycan Sport Turismos for all - which one would you pick (4S, GTS or Turbo)? 1642595144479

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I would have gone for a PB+ RWD Sport Turismo instead of the 4S CT (order locked yesterday). Anybody have any leads for the US to get the non-GTS sport turismo?

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I'm sure the plastic bits on the CT add some drag...every little bit helps as they say and apparently the GTS is more economical

1642595144479.png
That extra 0.8 inches of ground clearance makes it less aero…

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I guess we all knew that in time Porsche would muddy and at the same time dilute the waters and roll out the Sport Turismo (ST) body style across the range shortly after the launch of the GTS ST.

From the start of my Taycan adventure I always wished and hoped for an ST body to replace my Panamera ST but was "let down" by Porsche who then decided to introduce the Cross Turismo (CT) which unfortunately didn't whet my appetite (the plastic arches incident) and felt sure at the time the ST would have been higher on their launch agenda.

Now, having been in front of the line to place an order for the GTS Sport Turismo since last year which has features I'd rather not have (Sport Design pack for one) I'm in a right quandary whether to jump ship and switch to either a 4S ST or Turbo ST or hold fast!

With care there are 'savings' to be made and cosmetic advantages to be gained so what to do?

Anyone else in a similar position and possibly sitting on the fence?
The CT provides the bad weather/harsh road capability that I need given that I live in the Northeast of the US. I plan to stick with it for that reason. My current Sport Turismo is awesome but it is exhausting to have to be so careful with it all of the time to avoid damage. That said, the constant drip of new models, with slightly different features is annoying. I would prefer to have a full official list of the line-up (even if some models are years away) so I can make a fully informed choice. The current tactic by Porsche may encourage long time Porsche owners to sit on the sidelines for a long time when new models are introduced to get the full story of what is on offer.

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
I just switched from a GTS ST to a Turbo ST
Do you mind me asking what the dealer told you about the relative delivery timetables please, when you made the switch?
Sponsored