Sport Turismos for all - which one would you pick (4S, GTS or Turbo)?

Bavlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST (on order)
Country flag
They were vague as they didn’t have any news on any ST allocations. But I jumped from 7th to 1st in the queue so hopefully will lead to an earlier delivery. No guarantees of course
Sponsored

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Now I am thinking, will I miss the facelift by a few months ? Oh dear ! :headbang:

chong0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 911 C2S '20 Cayenne
Country flag
long time lurker, 1st post :)

seems like a 4 ST was purposely skipped? been awaiting an announcement for ST for non-GTS cars and very unhappy the 4 ST was not part of the plan. Being my first foray into the EV world, was hoping to not drop 911 money to avoid plastic cladding but seems like no choice or stay with the 4 CT. Would a 4 ST take business away from a 4 CT?

RWD not great for Vermont winters... oh well.

OP
OP
W1NGE

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
long time lurker, 1st post :)

seems like a 4 ST was purposely skipped? been awaiting an announcement for ST for non-GTS cars and very unhappy the 4 ST was not part of the plan. Being my first foray into the EV world, was hoping to not drop 911 money to avoid plastic cladding but seems like no choice or stay with the 4 CT. Would a 4 ST take business away from a 4 CT?

RWD not great for Vermont winters... oh well.
It is odd and may be will make an appearance yet.

I can't see it making a material difference there being a 4ST and 4CT given there is a model for every other combination.

chong0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 911 C2S '20 Cayenne
Country flag
OP
OP
W1NGE

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
https://www.carscoops.com/2022/01/p...ort-turismo-range-including-flagship-turbo-s/

interesting, this article states that the US will only see GTS ST, so I think my original question is moot
Yep. Porsche probably figures there are very few people in the US who want a true wagon. It is odd to me that customers would look at a CT and think "oh that's not a wagon cause it has cladding on the wheel arches".... but there must be something to it given the success of the subaru outback.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I think the GTS ST is worth the extra over a 4S. By the time you’ve added the Performance Plus battery and
a few extras that are standard or not nearly as expensive on the GTS, you’re not far off the cost. The GTS also has the same motors and wiring as the Turbo and Turbo S. Just my opinion but I think the GTS has a bit more desirability too.

Another observation I made was when I compared the my spec on the 4S CT with the 4S ST, the ST seems to be coming out marginally more expensive once you add the PPB.

I’m yet to decide whether I’ll proceed with the GTS (no clue given on delivery yet) or the 4S CT (estimated Aug/Sep) but I don’t think I’d choose the 4S ST over either.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Definitely disappointing to see if they don't introduce the other variants for the ST in the US.

Another observation I made was when I compared the my spec on the 4S CT with the 4S ST, the ST seems to be coming out marginally more expensive once you add the PPB.
In the states, the pricing difference I think is a bit larger. For instance, my 4S CT vs. GTS ST has a price difference of about 15k.

Runestone

First Name
Sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Extra range, yes and a higher top speed but the extra weight of the battery means the power to weight ratio is about the same for both as evidenced by the same 0-60 times of the saloon with and without the bigger battery.
I suspect easier to sell though but it is a lot of money for a bit more range if you don't do many long trips.
You also get better 80-120 acceleration with the PB+, which I think is more important than the 0-100 acc.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
You also get better 80-120 acceleration with the PB+, which I think is more important than the 0-100 acc.
True and it is much more important for most users, I agree - but it is a tiny difference.
I see the option as a range increase rather than much of a car performance gain.