Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Agreed on it looking like a wart on the dash. On my 911, I ordered it without the sports chrono and then had the dealer add the sports chrono software, PCM stuff, and buttons. That way I got all the sporty software and bits without the chrono part on the dash!

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
I like the steering wheel control, use it a lot, along with the individual settings. I could do without the dash wart. Didn't spec sport chrono in my GT3 since it basically just adds the wart.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I thought it looked ugly too so I didn't spec it. I use the "sport button" on the center console display to toggle between sport and normal modes. I do wish I had the "individual mode" that comes with with SC though.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
As I said above if you hadn’t specced Chrono in the CT you would have a permanent button on the centre console button to switch to GRAVEL and back.
The gravel button on the dash is there whether you select sports chrono or not.
It is the only place it can be selected, the steering wheel knob selections don’t include the gravel mode.
I quite like the compass and height display. The best bit though was that choosing Neodyme highlights to brighten the interior, which is splendid to my eye, gives a nice colour on the compass dial too.

OP
OP
Ross

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
The gravel button on the dash is there whether you select sports chrono or not.
It is the only place it can be selected, the steering wheel knob selections don’t include the gravel mode.
I quite like the compass and height display. The best bit though was that choosing Neodyme highlights to brighten the interior, which is splendid to my eye, gives a nice colour on the compass dial too.
Just wondering if you can improve the compass by just having the analogue dial and remove the naff digital clock and the unnecessary digital degrees reference?

Last edited:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just wondering if you can improve the compass by just having the analogue dial and remove the naff digital clock and the unnecessary digital degrees reference?
I don’t find it offensive enough to bother trying personally. Iirc the digital displays are altitude (which I do check in the hills) and time, which I also use even if it is displayed elsewhere too (maybe, I haven’t looked).

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Am I being blind - is the compass an option in the configurator? I can't find it anywhere

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
ahh ok, I guess our cars aren't designed to go off road like the CT and ST :rolleyes:

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And for the CT the button on the central screen is gravel mode not sport mode.
I have a CT. The button on my central screen is sport mode, not gravel mode. I think they changed this at the time of the uPdate as I have definitely seen old photos showing “gravel” where mine says “sport”.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a CT. The button on my central screen is sport mode, not gravel mode. I think they changed this at the time of the uPdate as I have definitely seen old photos showing “gravel” where mine says “sport”.
Mine says gravel, maybe there is a setup option?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine says gravel, maybe there is a setup option?
Maybe, I don’t remember setting it up but it’s possible. The sport button is much more important to me than the gravel button.
Sponsored