Sports Chrono Simple Improvement

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I have a CT. The button on my central screen is sport mode, not gravel mode. I think they changed this at the time of the uPdate as I have definitely seen old photos showing “gravel” where mine says “sport”.
Do you have sport chrono? Maybe it only says gravel with the SC option because gravel mode can’t be selected with the knob.
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Do you have sport chrono? Maybe it only says gravel with the SC option because gravel mode can’t be selected with the knob.
I do not have SC. @f1eng do you have SC?

OP
OP
Ross

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Maybe, I don’t remember setting it up but it’s possible. The sport button is much more important to me than the gravel button.
No, I remember now.
Guessing you don’t have Chrono Hirschaj?
My mate has a CT4 with NO Chrono.

No Chrono CT has SPORT on lower central screen. It you have Chrono it changes to GRAVEL.
There is no option to change this

Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
I don’t have it, and don’t feel like i am missing much in terms of functionality but i think there is one more reason to have it: you cant order GT steering wheel without SC (unlike other Porsches). Standard wheel feels too thin to me and next time I’d order it just to get the GT SW.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Maybe, I don’t remember setting it up but it’s possible. The sport button is much more important to me than the gravel button.
My brother's farm is up a 1 mile long gravel track so one big attraction of the CT for me was the gravel mode, mainly because it is raises the car though, any exploitation of max performance ripping up his road would not be appreciated...

JP_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sometimes when I first start my 4S saloon I see Gravel mode very briefly appear on the PCM (drive mode options) which implies to me it’s just a software toggle that needs to be activated. Wonder if there is an aftermarket solution to activate it permanently?

I don’t have sports chrono either.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Sometimes when I first start my 4S saloon I see Gravel mode very briefly appear on the PCM (drive mode options) which implies to me it’s just a software toggle that needs to be activated. Wonder if there is an aftermarket solution to activate it permanently?

I don’t have sports chrono either.
Agreed on it looking like a wart on the dash. On my 911, I ordered it without the sports chrono and then had the dealer add the sports chrono software, PCM stuff, and buttons. That way I got all the sporty software and bits without the chrono part on the dash!
The dash board thing is ugly, but the functionality/steering knob is great - much better than the console buttons on my old car. The sports+ seems much more usable on the Taycan as well, compared at least with my old panamera turbo - which was very stop/start/jerky/fast.

That said, whenever i walk past a porsche and glance in, i can't help muttering 'cheapskate' under my breath when i see they haven't specced it! Sorry, very shallow!

t_w

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo
Country flag
But: does anybody know if the clock can be replaced with a compass as an aftermaket job?
Bump - anyone know if this is possible?
Sponsored