Spotted: Macan EVs break cover in Edinburgh!

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
That drove past me going the other way this morning on the Western Approach in Edinburgh - I thought it must be a new Macan. It had the look of a slightly shrunk Lamborghini Urus from a distance, but the headlights were too much like the Taycan to be anything other than a Porsche.

From you pictures it does look better from the front than the back, but I guess there may be some disguising of the actual lines of the car going on.
Looks very Mercedes SUV Coupe like at the back. Yuck!

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Cayenne E Hybrid, ‘23 Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Still not sure about the split headlight front end on the Macan EV. In your opinion, did that look like a piece of final design, or just an attempt at camouflage? I really dislike the BMW approach to this design trend, and feel it looks awkward in the Macan pictures as well.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I got lucky this morning as I went to complete my charging session (I guess I could have offered a top up!).

Ignore the faux tailpipes (part of the cammo).

I also got lucky with the Panamera and Urus and have a video of as they set off in convoy down the street but it is too big to upload here.

20221007_090546.jpg

20221007_090535.jpg
That looks way too big to be a Macan. And those lines are hideous. Whatever it is, hopefully it’ll look better sans camo.

OP
OP
W1NGE

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Still not sure about the split headlight front end on the Macan EV. In your opinion, did that look like a piece of final design, or just an attempt at camouflage? I really dislike the BMW approach to this design trend, and feel it looks awkward in the Macan pictures as well.
There was still some taping in place but I saw it up close with the lights on and thought they looked good and better for not having the four round dot LEDs. I'd say it looked final to me.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That looks way too big to be a Macan. And those lines are hideous. Whatever it is, hopefully it’ll look better sans camo.
It matches up with the electric Macans we've seen testing. Truly looking hideous. Looks like a lovely Porsche EV on the front, glued with a Mach-e/Model X hybrid on the back.

I get aerodynamics but ugh. At that point I'd rather have the iX with its ultra nice interior & fantastic tech.

OP
OP
W1NGE

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Not as big as you think - car park space is small and this fits in comfortably.

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am really interested in finding out how the new Macan EV will look like. My wife is "patiently" waiting for one...
What wife isn't "patiently" awaiting a crossover or SUV:)

Last edited:

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
Mines is most excited about the ID Buzz. So maybe vans will be cool again? Her next choices are R1S and Polestar 3 so yeah....

As for the Macan, the design looks a bit weird. The coupe back doesn't work well, at least for me. We'll see what the production design will be and the specs will be great to make for a compelling product.

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Cayenne E Hybrid, ‘23 Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
This one isn't. Have a Cayenne now, but split 50/50 between sedan/wagon and crossover SUV for all past vehicles. Have a 4S CT on order, with Performance Package because I am the gearhead, my husband just gets my old vehicles 2-3 years after I order.
Sponsored