Squeaking/squealing noise (outside of car)

modernct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Maserati Levante SQ4
Country flag
Yup, that's it. Having the same issue here in my '21 4S. Will see if I can reproduce tomorrow and then take to the dealer. Was definitely very loud and apparent, enough that it got other people's attention.
Had the rear rotors replaced yesterday, however the whining sound still exists. Its actually more apparent then ever. Wondering if they need to be worked in.
Sponsored

Kchop79

First Name
Karun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Had the rear rotors replaced yesterday, however the whining sound still exists. Its actually more apparent then ever. Wondering if they need to be worked in.
interestingly enough, the noise went away itself. I'm more inclined to think it's coming from the recuperation system of the vehicle. It's going on in a couple of weeks so will mention again.

modernct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
interestingly enough, the noise went away itself. I'm more inclined to think it's coming from the recuperation system of the vehicle. It's going on in a couple of weeks so will mention again.
Only happens to me when I'm turning.. in normal and sport+ modes, and foot off brake

rim23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think I have something similar. But it only produces sound when I reverse with my steering wheel turned completely to the left and if the road is uneven. It sounds like a creak.. like rubber rubbing against each other. Will post a video later. I wonder if that’s the same issue that you describe here and I shouldn’t waste time with my dealer.

modernct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
After rear rotors were replaced noise still exists. So frustrating

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
I have the same issue. I’m going in on the 20th June to Porsche Reading. Hopefully they can do something to sort it out.

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
I’m
I have the same issue. I’m going in on the 20th June to Porsche Reading. Hopefully they can do something to sort it out.
I’m not sure if it’s my mind playing tricks on me, but I swear the noise is less (but still there) when regeneration mode is completely off and also when driving down a slope.

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
how many miles has the car done before the noise went?

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
Update:
Car just back from hospital. No cure but the doctors confirm hearing the noise as well. They mean that it is coming from the rear engine and are now doing research at Porsche / Audi HQ level in Germany.

I’ll get back when I know more. Any news from your tech guys mc9er?
Any update on this?

CryMtl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have the same issue on my GTS 2022 with 11 000 km. The dealer said it's normal... I found this very cheap from Porsche... We also try a brand new car in the dealer and the same noise was detected... Also, Im living in Canada so in the Winter my Disk are getting rust. I have Red Caliper. I cannot understand why Porsche put no-coated disk... I try to call Porsche Connect to complaint and they told me there is nothing they can DO. I need to bring back to the dealer to make them complaint about the noise and my rotor... I would want to deactivate completly the regen to clean the disk on the winter...