Squeaking/squealing noise (outside of car)

Zhuzhu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Ice Grey
Country flag
100% Absolutely the same problem as the OP. Was going to bring it in to the dealer but now seems like a waste of time.
Normally I dread the end of summer, but at least my windows will be rolled up….
Sponsored

Keegs

First Name
Keegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Have the same issue with my Tacan. I took it to the dealer and gave a test drive with a tech and they directed it to the breaks.

mine appears when veering right only and not left or straight ahead. I’m either breaking or accelerating at speeds between 5 and 40 mph.

They think it’s the breaks out of alignment and the car went in and because my dealership isn’t great when in they said they can’t see any fault even though the tech hears the issue.

I don’t believe this is normal behaviour from oxidation or anything as such as my breaks are clean plus only happens when veering right. Also I have a squeak on my breaks on my Ferrari at slow speeds and when I break in any direction, now that’s glazing on the ceramics and that’s expected behaviour.

the dealer principle is due to call me today so will see.

gianteli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Long time reader, first time poster.

I've got this noise in my MY21 4S, evident with the windows down. I don't think it's the brakes, but rather the regen system. Other posters pointed out that the noise isn't present during coast (SC: Normal, Range), which is consistent with my experience. I hear it most prominently during coast (SC: Sport, Sport+) and light braking (which is technically not braking, but regen).

It doesn't sound at all normal. I came from Tesla where this wasn't a thing, and I have not heard it from the various Kias, Hyundais, and other EVs that putter about town. It sounds like a bad bearing or other metal-on-metal contact; either way, I don't think it's brake pad/rotor as too many of us are having this issue for it to be a random misalignment.

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, 911 Targa 4S, MachE
Country flag
I just had my 2 year maintenance, which includes brake maintenance. The squeaking is gone. They apparently grease all the moving parts etc. I was told that that the squeaking is because the brakes aren’t engaged very much (most braking is by the motors). I have read elsewhere a suggestion to periodically do hard braking to egage the callipers fully.

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Country flag
When my Macan brakes were squealing (99% of the ownership period), the dealer said "no, don't bring it in - completely normal" and then sent that youtube video on track brakes. Most other brands are able to produce adequate brakes that don't wake up all the dogs in the neighborhood, so I sold the Macan. Having a "luxury" vehicle sound like a trash compactor wasn't too fun.

Clearly they are doing something different with the Taycan brakes, otherwise without the engine sound everybody would be complaining. I do wonder if this is the normal high frequency noise from the motors, failing bearings, or the normal Porsche brake mechanism. In any event, I'm done with squealy brakes. I heard a Model 3 with a bad bearing once and the only way I can describe it is the sound of 50 taxi cabs with brakes squealing. God awful!

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' BMW X5, 22' Taycan GTS
Country flag
Long time reader, first time poster.

I've got this noise in my MY21 4S, evident with the windows down. I don't think it's the brakes, but rather the regen system. Other posters pointed out that the noise isn't present during coast (SC: Normal, Range), which is consistent with my experience. I hear it most prominently during coast (SC: Sport, Sport+) and light braking (which is technically not braking, but regen).

It doesn't sound at all normal. I came from Tesla where this wasn't a thing, and I have not heard it from the various Kias, Hyundais, and other EVs that putter about town. It sounds like a bad bearing or other metal-on-metal contact; either way, I don't think it's brake pad/rotor as too many of us are having this issue for it to be a random misalignment.
Also have noted this noise with regen on at low speeds (not touching the brake pedal at all). Definitely annoying -- takes away from sport sound to hear a squealing...very apparent when in the parking garage at work.

Icey4s

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S, 21 Audi SQ8, 20 330i, 19 M5 C
Country flag
21 4S also have this, definitely annoying. My brakes also squeak nonstop when they're being used at the start of a drive but I guess I'm used to it because the CCBs on my M5 are atrociously loud.

offplan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S , bicycle , my own feet
Country flag
i hear this noise while accelerating lightly or braking lightly (regen) at low speeds (parking lots or speed bumps), anyone have a suggestion?

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD
Country flag
FWIW I was told that PSCB are subject to squealing whereas stock brakes are quieter in that regard. Though please note that this is second hand knowledge not personal experience.

crossT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Chiming in to state I have this issue as well. Took it to the dealer, and they chocked it up to a build up of brake dust. I am highly skeptical as it sounds electrical, and there's no discernible variance in pitch of the noise (i.e., changes pitch when braking harder or softer). Reproducing the noise is trivial, and occurs at consistent ranges of low speeds. Why would the sound be happening when decelerating and accelerating???

modernct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Maserati Levante SQ4
Country flag
i hear this noise while accelerating lightly or braking lightly (regen) at low speeds (parking lots or speed bumps), anyone have a suggestion?
Same issue just started happening with me.

modernct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Has anyone been able to identify the solution?

modernct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is what my noise sounds like:

Kchop79

First Name
Karun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is what my noise sounds like:

Yup, that's it. Having the same issue here in my '21 4S. Will see if I can reproduce tomorrow and then take to the dealer. Was definitely very loud and apparent, enough that it got other people's attention.

modernct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yup, that's it. Having the same issue here in my '21 4S. Will see if I can reproduce tomorrow and then take to the dealer. Was definitely very loud and apparent, enough that it got other people's attention.
Its a rear rotor issue. Have them check that
Sponsored