Squeaking/squealing noise (outside of car)

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, 911 Targa 4S, MachE
Country flag
i have the same sound. Can really hear it in an enclosed parking lot. Mine goes away if I press the brake pedal.
Sponsored

J-One

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-tron GT
Country flag
Update:
Car just back from hospital. No cure but the doctors confirm hearing the noise as well. They mean that it is coming from the rear engine and are now doing research at Porsche / Audi HQ level in Germany.

I’ll get back when I know more. Any news from your tech guys mc9er?

OP
OP
mc9er

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag
Update:
Car just back from hospital. No cure but the doctors confirm hearing the noise as well. They mean that it is coming from the rear engine and are now doing research at Porsche / Audi HQ level in Germany.

I’ll get back when I know more. Any news from your tech guys mc9er?
They were not familiar with this being an issue but certainly heard it as well. They did not know where it was coming from and said they have never had someone else mention this before. Test drove another 4S they had on the lot, and we heard it in that vehicle as well. So maybe it is just normal? Or some cars are affected and others not?

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My car was in for a speaker replacement last week and I put the squeaking noise on the list. The dealer has sold lots of Taycans and said this issue has been reported by other cars. They think it is in the motor and seems to show up in very hot weather. Other than that, no fix known. But it’s definitely a flaw.

Axdenied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Please check this video of the sound my brakes make… really annoying especially when in a garage or quiet street.
@NormF @infraguru @mc9er @J-One and others, is this the same type of brake noise you hear?

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No, mine is a squeal while driving and seems to go away with breaking. It is not the same as yours which seems to happen when you apply the brakes coming to a stop. You are correct, an expensive car like this shouldn’t have that sound from brakes!

Axdenied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks guys, unfortunately dealer says this is “Normal” as we have high performance breaks…. I know it’s probably right given all the reports of Porsche brakes Squeal/Squeak but never had this on BMW…

@bosch88 and @ThomasDK as you I have the Mission E on standard breaks, do you also have this issue when braking at slow speed? Can it be the reason why Mission E are not available on standard brakes?

OP
OP
mc9er

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Please check this video of the sound my brakes make… really annoying especially when in a garage or quiet street.
@NormF @infraguru @mc9er @J-One and others, is this the same type of brake noise you hear?

I’ve never heard anything like that. Sounds like a horn!! Do you have the upgraded brakes? I know those make different noises than the regular ones (I only have the regular ones)

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks guys, unfortunately dealer says this is “Normal” as we have high performance breaks…. I know it’s probably right given all the reports of Porsche brakes Squeal/Squeak but never had this on BMW…

@bosch88 and @ThomasDK as you I have the Mission E on standard breaks, do you also have this issue when braking at slow speed? Can it be the reason why Mission E are not available on standard brakes?
Nope, I don't have any noise from my brakes...

J-One

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-tron GT
Country flag

ggg

Nooops, that's not my sound either. Yours is clearly mechanical. Mine is most likely electric.

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
ggg

Nooops, that's not my sound either. Yours is clearly mechanical. Mine is most likely electric.
Looks like it has something to do with proximity (to the planters). Do you also have the duck quaking when braking without anything in front of the car?

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
I have a high pitch electric noise, very subtle, but annoying. It happened today and I have had the car for 4 days only. Is this normal ? It happens at low speeds when i accelerate or break, not when coasting. Are we talking about the same issue ?

Jackson

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 640d, CT4
Country flag
I have the same issue. Can only hear in the enclosed or surrounded environment and open windows. Can't say it is dramatic but considering the car cost I am pretty much disappointed.

Thinking of showing my car to the dealer.

Porsche Taycan Squeaking/squealing noise (outside of car) Screenshot 2022-05-09 at 12.55.56 PM

Snorlax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Audi e-tron GT
Country flag
I have the same issue as OP with my e-tron GT. Exactly as he described. I think i'm noticing it now in the warmer weather only because i have the windows down a lot. Very obvious in daily driving with the windows open, worse inside a parking garage.

Seems like it's 'within spec' which is terrible. it's my only complaint about the car

OP
OP
mc9er

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have the same issue as OP with my e-tron GT. Exactly as he described. I think i'm noticing it now in the warmer weather only because i have the windows down a lot. Very obvious in daily driving with the windows open, worse inside a parking garage.

Seems like it's 'within spec' which is terrible. it's my only complaint about the car
100% my experience. Didn’t hear or think about it at all during winter. Sun’s out now… windows down… back to the annoyance
Sponsored