First Name
Crystal_Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi everyone

i have the turbo taycan with biggest brakes setup (not yellow caliper w Drilled rotors). It is the biggest calipers in white with non Drilled rotors with some fancy smooth looking brake rotors.
Anyways, it squeals like hell. Always a small squeal if I have the regeneration on. And sometimes it comes these super high squeals. Sometimes also when turning.
I think this is super annoying. What can I do? What do I tell Porsche?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi everyone

i have the turbo taycan with biggest brakes setup (not yellow caliper w Drilled rotors). It is the biggest calipers in white with non Drilled rotors with some fancy smooth looking brake rotors.
Anyways, it squeals like hell. Always a small squeal if I have the regeneration on. And sometimes it comes these super high squeals. Sometimes also when turning.
These are the surface coated brakes (PSCB) (yellow calipers on the ceramic setup) - could be caused with some grit on the rotor / pads or due to light braking (try some hard braking runs if you're sure there aren't grit deposits). Failing that a visit to the dealer.

OP
OP
Crystal_Sweden
First Name
Crystal_Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
But i dont have the ceramic setup. But I have a big brake caliper and rotor setup on this turbo. It squeals like a mofo even though I use it hard often…

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
But i dont have the ceramic setup. But I have a big brake caliper and rotor setup on this turbo. It squeals like a mofo even though I use it hard often…
Yes I know - you have white calipers which tell me you have the surface coated disc (mirror finish).

The PCCB ceramics (yellow calipers by default) are much more expensive and also are prone to squealing.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hi everyone

Porsche put out a video on squealing that you can look up. Probably no defect on your brakes. Generally the way to fix it is to use them more heavily on a periodic basis. This is not unique to Taycan btw.

OP
OP
Crystal_Sweden
First Name
Crystal_Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It sounds they forgot anti rattle shields on brake pads…. Or copper paste hahaha
But come on, I think the squeaking brakes are a bit embassing …
Sponsored