Standard Interior - Bolster wear?

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Apologies if this has been covered, but I did a search and didn't see anything.

I have the standard interior, which has pleather on the outer parts of the seat bolsters. It looks fine, feels fine, I don't hate it. I'm wondering if anyone who has the standard interior can weigh in on how those bolsters have worn over time. The car is hard enough to get in and out of, but I park in a tight garage and only have about 18 inches of room when getting out of the car, so I end up sort of hoisting myself out using the steering wheel and outer bolster. Wondering if that's going to wear prematurely (hopefully not because pleather, but TBD). Thanks.
Sponsored

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I have a little > 10k miles w/standard interior (limestone beige) and I don’t see any wear anywhere yet. Probably not enough miles to be helpful. But there you go.

Also, I use the B pillar and not the seat bolster to get out.

Porsche Taycan Standard Interior - Bolster wear? 7F7290B9-9EBD-43C8-8E6D-D4071F96EC49

Porsche Taycan Standard Interior - Bolster wear? 821281E6-5177-4E2E-8AAC-236E8B24FDA2

Last edited:
OP
OP
RingoDingo

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks. I agree that looks good. Score one for being cheap(ish).

I figure the pleather should wear well, especially on those outer bolster areas that end up bearing a lot of weight on ingress and egress. We have MBTex in our GLS 450, and as much as I hate having fake leather in a $80k car, it does look as good as when we bought it 4 years ago. Debating getting it again in our new GLS order vs. leather.