Standard Interior - who chooses this one?

BliXem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2020
Country flag
I ordered a new Porsche Taycan but I'm in doubt about something now. Does anyone heave real pictures of the standard interior and the leather interior? I notice some colour difference, the standard interior is brighter than the leather interior. Is there much difference between those two?
Sponsored

SAM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS, 435D Gran Coupe
Country flag
I ordered a new Porsche Taycan but I'm in doubt about something now. Does anyone heave real pictures of the standard interior and the leather interior? I notice some colour difference, the standard interior is brighter than the leather interior. Is there much difference between those two?
I don't have any pictures unfortunately but I have sat in 2 Taycans, the first with extended leather interior (in a Turbo) and the second with the standard interior (in a 4S). I have to say that I really liked the leather interior but I was very disappointed with the standard interior on the 4S. It is of course a personal opinion and others may have a different view but the leather interior (which is standard on the Turbo and Turbo S and an optional extra on the 4S) is a must have for me....

OP
OP

BliXem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2020
Country flag
I don't have any pictures unfortunately but I have sat in 2 Taycans, the first with extended leather interior (in a Turbo) and the second with the standard interior (in a 4S). I have to say that I really liked the leather interior but I was very disappointed with the standard interior on the 4S. It is of course a personal opinion and others may have a different view but the leather interior (which is standard on the Turbo and Turbo S and an optional extra on the 4S) is a must have for me....
Yeah, I agree with you. I changed my standard interior to the leather one. I think, in my case, this is better for me.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I went with the standard interior in gray because my car will be my daily driver.

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I went with the standard interior in gray because my car will be my daily driver.
Same and I’ve got kids I’m going to be hauling around. There were better ways to spend my $$$ on the build.

OP
OP

BliXem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2020
Country flag
I don't understand. Why do you want the standard interior if it's a daily driver?

andyxxl

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 S
Country flag
Standard interior! I had some serious doubt on this but the test drive with a 4S standerd interior made the decision easy. Of course only my opinion for my daily driver.

OP
OP

BliXem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2020
Country flag
Standard interior! I had some serious doubt on this but the test drive with a 4S standerd interior made the decision easy. Of course only my opinion for my daily driver.
Why? Why not the leather (seats) for a daily driver?

andyxxl

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 S
Country flag
Why? Why not the leather (seats) for a daily driver?
To be honest: With a limited budget i had to prioritize which which periphal equipment is nice to have/ must have.
After the testdrive the point standard interior was very clear.
It was very helpful to drive a poor appointed 4S and a well appointed turbo.
Of course: Everything IMHO!

OP
OP

BliXem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2020
Country flag
To be honest: With a limited budget i had to prioritize which which periphal equipment is nice to have/ must have.
After the testdrive the point standard interior was very clear.
It was very helpful to drive a poor appointed 4S and a well appointed turbo.
Of course: Everything IMHO!
I see. Thanks for your honesty!

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I don't understand. Why do you want the standard interior if it's a daily driver?
I would rather spend my $ on other options but did order the 14 way seats with cooling. My Spyder has leather so I can get a dose of leather if needed. :)

OP
OP

BliXem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2020
Country flag
I would rather spend my $ on other options but did order the 14 way seats with cooling. My Spyder has leather so I can get a dose of leather if needed. :)
In my case, full leather and 14 way seats with heating ;-). This is my first Porsche, and money isn't a problem.

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Standard interior is a beautiful cabin. You won't miss the full extended leather unless you have an eye for interior details and design, or if you've been spoiled your whole life with lavish things.. I've got both in different P-cars right now; I don't miss it when I'm driving in my "lower class" interior!

I was forced into full leather only because I wanted 18-way seats.