PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I had the same dilemma and went for the standard leather and Burmester.

I think that the standard leather is really nice (80% is used in the Racetex option) and my car is the only place I can listen to music (loud ?). The Burmester system is fantastic!

So a vote for standard leather and Burmester ?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
ACC, HUD, Inno and all that guff are just not required in this part of the world IMHO.
Nor here!
I feel quite vulnerable with any partial "self-driving" features anyway and don't use them even on my occasional motorway trips.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
I’ve both the full leather (chalk beige) and Burmester. If I had to go without one I’d go without the Burmester. I love it, truly, and I do think it’s worth the money over the Bose but as others have said, it’s an imperfect listening environment and you’ll be interacting with the interior of the car all the time you drive it so go for the full leather would be my vote.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I've got the Burmester with Olea and have listened to the Bose in the Taycan. By far the best Bose I've ever heard. If you're not a true audiophile and need to pick one or the other, I'd definitely go with the full leather.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I've got the Burmester with Olea and have listened to the Bose in the Taycan. By far the best Bose I've ever heard. If you're not a true audiophile and need to pick one or the other, I'd definitely go with the full leather.
I would argue that a true audiophile wouldn't consider a car a place to expect high quality music reproduction...
Background noise way too high and relative position of speakers and listener about as bad as is acoustically possible ;)

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I would argue that a true audiophile wouldn't consider a car a place to expect high quality music reproduction...
Background noise way too high and relative position of speakers and listener about as bad as is acoustically possible ;)
Just add acoustic glass and you are good to go ?

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you're planning on one of the interior colors offered in Standard (black or black/beige, don't do Slate) I'd stay standard. IMO the leather options really pop with one of the two tones, especially the Olea.

Not sure what options you selected but you'd always do insulated glass w Bose before Burm without insulated glass.

Last edited:

MAVG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 4s (going); MY22 CT 4s (on order)
If it helps this is (by far) the best Bose I had in a car, so I would probably stick to that one and spend on other optionals....

OP
OP

AHayat

First Name
Amjad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF, Audi A7 Comp Edition, CLS53 AMG
Country flag
I'm a big advocate for Burmester and had it in previous P-cars. In the case of the Taycan, get the full leather and BOSE. In my 22+ years in the OE and aftermarket automotive building and enthusiast arenas, this is the best BOSE installed in a Porsche.
Thanks, Overwhelmingly in favour of leather and Bose

jlee504

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
targa gts
Country flag
I have a standard interior with Burmeister. I would skip the Burmeister going forward I think the Bose is good enough in my opinion,. I don't do leather interiors only because of my dogs, they end up drooling all over it. the standard interior is more than fine.

I would spend the money on any performance upgrades like rear wheel steering
Sponsored