First Name
Amjad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF, Audi A7 Comp Edition, CLS53 AMG
Country flag
Hi Everyone,
Just about to lock down my order for a mamba green CT 4S. I have owned a no Bi-Turbo A7 completion models, all with Adaptive cruise control and all the safety features, Bose audios and full leather interior. My last car was a 2019 CLS AMG53 with all the above features and a burmester sound system which was fantastic. I have nearly made all my choices but am conflicted re burmester in taycan because of cost issues. If I pick this option then selecting leather pushes it a bit over my budget and if i select leather then will have to pick a Bose audio which is fine but is not as good as the burmester in the Merced… Also in either case what would the forum suggest the best combination of interior with mamba green, standard or leather (not olea). Thanks for Your help
Sponsored

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
In my opinion, the Burmester while excellent, is severely overpriced when compared to the Bose. If the Burmester cost say, $2000 over the Bose I probably would have bought it. But nearly $6K!?!?, forget it.

I know there will be those on the forum who disagree, but the $5700 premium of the Burmester doesn’t buy you that much over the Bose, which sounds terrific on its own and punches well over its weight class.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
The Bose is excellent, which makes that with the full leather the smarter choice.

Nothing against the Burmester, it’s no doubt it’s amazing, but you’re paying a lot for diminishing returns.

OP
OP

AHayat

First Name
Amjad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks Guys, that is two nil against burmester so far

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
Vote for the leather too, and I didn’t even get the leather. The Bose system is extremely well tuned and the burm system is not as good as the comparable 3D burm system in Mercedes.

even funnier note the mid tier burm system in Mercedes is actually just a tuned HK system.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
In my opinion, the Burmester while excellent, is severely overpriced when compared to the Bose. If the Burmester cost say, $2000 over the Bose I probably would have bought it. But nearly $6K!?!?, forget it.
I'm a big advocate for Burmester and had it in previous P-cars. In the case of the Taycan, get the full leather and BOSE. In my 22+ years in the OE and aftermarket automotive building and enthusiast arenas, this is the best BOSE installed in a Porsche.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Hi Everyone,
Just about to lock down my order for a mamba green CT 4S. I have owned a no Bi-Turbo A7 completion models, all with Adaptive cruise control and all the safety features, Bose audios and full leather interior. My last car was a 2019 CLS AMG53 with all the above features and a burmester sound system which was fantastic. I have nearly made all my choices but am conflicted re burmester in taycan because of cost issues. If I pick this option then selecting leather pushes it a bit over my budget and if i select leather then will have to pick a Bose audio which is fine but is not as good as the burmester in the Merced… Also in either case what would the forum suggest the best combination of interior with mamba green, standard or leather (not olea). Thanks for Your help
While I adore my burmeister system, the full leather would be more important to me to spec…in a car at this level, it is a must for me. I haven’t compared the Bose to Burmeister, so don’t know how it is, but have to imagine it’s more than acceptable. I’m not gonna lie though, the Burmeister makes my musical life much more rich!

OP
OP

AHayat

First Name
Amjad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks a lot for the helpful suggestions. If money was no object would have ticked both leather and burmester but will go with Bose and leather

Foreal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i8 roadster
Country flag
Also in either case what would the forum suggest the best combination of interior with mamba green, standard or leather (not olea). Thanks for Your help
I struggled with this decision too. I felt like black goes good w green, but not a fan of black interiors in this california heat. I saw some with the watermelon theme, mamba on red interior, which also looked good, but didn’t seem cohesive. Then after a few weeks, the idea of truffle brown popped in my head.Now I can’t think of any other combo that would compare.Green and brown is a very classic color combo, and every review of the truffle that I’ve read has been great. Mamba/truffle all the way! BUT, one downside, is the truffle comes standard with neodyme, which I think looks great, but might not look as great without the burmester. Burmester gets the neodyme treatment, and the Bose mesh just looks like something is missing there. Just my 2 cents!

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Thanks a lot for the helpful suggestions. If money was no object would have ticked both leather and burmester but will go with Bose and leather
I think that's a well-balanced spec- it would be odd to have an extravagant audio system but only the base leather.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Bose, Red leather, or Black leather and Neodyme trim with the Mamba

OP
OP

AHayat

First Name
Amjad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I struggled with this decision too. I felt like black goes good w green, but not a fan of black interiors in this california heat. I saw some with the watermelon theme, mamba on red interior, which also looked good, but didn’t seem cohesive. Then after a few weeks, the idea of truffle brown popped in my head.Now I can’t think of any other combo that would compare.Green and brown is a very classic color combo, and every review of the truffle that I’ve read has been great. Mamba/truffle all the way! BUT, one downside, is the truffle comes standard with neodyme, which I think looks great, but might not look as great without the burmester. Burmester gets the neodyme treatment, and the Bose mesh just looks like something is missing there. Just my 2 cents!
I have looked at that combo and agree looks amazing

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I have the Burmester and really like it. I had a loaner Taycan with the Bose which I did 5000 km roadtrip in and was very impressed by it.

Ll312

First Name
LL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, S7, Q8
Country flag
The Bose system in the Taycan is much better than the Bose I had in my S7. No regrets going with it in my opinion.
Sponsored