Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I would argue that a true audiophile wouldn't consider a car a place to expect high quality music reproduction...
Background noise way too high and relative position of speakers and listener about as bad as is acoustically possible ;)
I think you're mixing up a 'true audiophile' with a perfectionist. Why would a 'true audiophile' not want to get the best system they could? Otherwise, a 'true audiophile' wouldn't listen to music in a car at all. ;)
Sponsored

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Nor here!
I feel quite vulnerable with any partial "self-driving" features anyway and don't use them even on my occasional motorway trips.
100% I got the performance package and zero tech package items…it’s a drivers car after all, no? Not taking advantage of all the engineering Porsche has to offer in their latest car seems like a shame (if it can be afforded).

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I think you're mixing up a 'true audiophile' with a perfectionist. Why would a 'true audiophile' not want to get the best system they could? Otherwise, a 'true audiophile' wouldn't listen to music in a car at all. ;)
Thats me :)

I don't make any attempt to listen to good quality recordings in my car - too irritating to lose all the quiet bits behind the background noise.

If I listen to music I listen to Classic FM (a UK station) on DAB radio. They dynamically compress the music before broadcast so the quiet bits are boosted so listenable but not any more what I would call high quality.

I have good quality recordings on a USB stick but all of my favourite pieces have too much dynamic range for a car.

Pop music is fine since all its genres have very little dynamic range so the quiet bits are still audible without the loud ones blowing your head off. I do listen to the rock music of my youth but still don't consider a car environment a place to expect or achieve genuine high quality sound.

It is a personal thing but I consider spending much money on car audio to be pointless.

I write this as somebody whose home speakers cost more than the Taycan, so I am not just being tight-fisted.

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, Rapide S, Mc GT, ID.5
Country flag
In my opinion, the Burmester while excellent, is severely overpriced when compared to the Bose. If the Burmester cost say, $2000 over the Bose I probably would have bought it. But nearly $6K!?!?, forget it.

I know there will be those on the forum who disagree, but the $5700 premium of the Burmester doesn’t buy you that much over the Bose, which sounds terrific on its own and punches well over its weight class.
The Bose in my Macan was good but destroyed by its subwoofer being a 6" wooly thing in a plastic box that was driven by over EQ'd bass - awful lower end. I changed it for an active one and it was good. Under £1k. Save £4k and spend 1 - sound deaden the doors in a Taycan too.

Is it the same Fisher Price sub in a Bose Taycan CT I wonder?

OP
OP

AHayat

First Name
Amjad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF, Audi A7 Comp Edition, CLS53 AMG
Country flag
The Bose in my Macan was good but destroyed by its subwoofer being a 6" wooly thing in a plastic box that was driven by over EQ'd bass - awful lower end. I changed it for an active one and it was good. Under £1k. Save £4k and spend 1 - sound deaden the doors in a Taycan too.

Is it the same Fisher Price sub in a Bose Taycan CT I wonder?
Thanks, not sure, but agree, the woofer is letting it down

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
Thats me :)

I don't make any attempt to listen to good quality recordings in my car - too irritating to lose all the quiet bits behind the background noise.

If I listen to music I listen to Classic FM (a UK station) on DAB radio. They dynamically compress the music before broadcast so the quiet bits are boosted so listenable but not any more what I would call high quality.

I have good quality recordings on a USB stick but all of my favourite pieces have too much dynamic range for a car.

Pop music is fine since all its genres have very little dynamic range so the quiet bits are still audible without the loud ones blowing your head off. I do listen to the rock music of my youth but still don't consider a car environment a place to expect or achieve genuine high quality sound.

It is a personal thing but I consider spending much money on car audio to be pointless.

I write this as somebody whose home speakers cost more than the Taycan, so I am not just being tight-fisted.
Fair points. The challenge for me is that the car is really the only place I get to enjoy MY music. Music is such a big part of my life, and coming from the Tesla, the Bose system in the Taycan comes up way short whereas the Burmester sounded phenomenal with the flac files I brought trying it out.
Yes, it’s overpriced and the car is certainly not the ideal environment but accompanied with the sound isolated glass it really isn’t bad. Also, I do seem to sit still waiting for one of my 3 girls quite frequently, allowing me to enjoy music without the road noise :)
Fortunately, I do not own an audio system like yours at home - I’m sure that would alter my appreciation of any car audio system. ?

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Bose is good. Burmester sounds a bit better - cooler grills on door panels also. You really will be fine either way, as long as your not like me and have to check that Burmester box.

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
Hi Everyone,
Just about to lock down my order for a mamba green CT 4S. I have owned a no Bi-Turbo A7 completion models, all with Adaptive cruise control and all the safety features, Bose audios and full leather interior. My last car was a 2019 CLS AMG53 with all the above features and a burmester sound system which was fantastic. I have nearly made all my choices but am conflicted re burmester in taycan because of cost issues. If I pick this option then selecting leather pushes it a bit over my budget and if i select leather then will have to pick a Bose audio which is fine but is not as good as the burmester in the Merced… Also in either case what would the forum suggest the best combination of interior with mamba green, standard or leather (not olea). Thanks for Your help
I took delivery on my '22 Taycan and was blown away how GOOD the stereo is...LIGHT YEARS ahead of my Bose in my '11 Cayenne S. (not to mention my Lambo Huracan Perf Spyder)

I did get the full leather (bordeaux red) and it makes the car smell amazing and the added quality really makes you feel and remember the quality every time you get in. And the Bose is amazing! I sat in the car in garage jamming and wife had to come in garage for fear the NEIGHBORS will hear it because it was thumping inside our home.

I think you see where my vote is.

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, Rapide S, Mc GT, ID.5
Country flag
Had mine a week now and wont be installing my proper 10" 300w RMS active sub that I removed from my Macan. So the Bose system doesn't disgrace its designers and the brand in the Taycan and is quite adequate with its better controlled lower mids (still lo fi compared to the B&O in my Rapide - but then that costs as much as the Burmester...). To require to pay £4k more for the Burmester is gouging and unjustifiable to me.

Porsche Taycan Standard interior with burmester audio or leather interior with Bose 2021-12-07 15.48.42-1

I just had the std interior with 18 way sport seats (snug on a big lad...) and was pleasantly surprised. Doesn't feel poverty. So am glad i channelled funds more to the dynamic driver stuff like PDCC, PTV, RWS, ACC - the car is magical on the road; an absolute dodgem and manages stop start traffic and motorway convoys all by itself with NO loss of focus by the driver - just removal of the tedium. I love it!

[F1 I'm posting this on PH too :) ]

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I did get the full leather (bordeaux red) and it makes the car smell amazing and the added quality really makes you feel and remember the quality every time you get in. And the Bose is amazing! I sat in the car in garage jamming and wife had to come in garage for fear the NEIGHBORS will hear it because it was thumping inside our home.
Best Bose in a Porsche. Yep, leather interior is a must. (red my fav)
Porsche Taycan Standard interior with burmester audio or leather interior with Bose IMG_3051
Sponsored