ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
With the seatbacks covered in Olea leather and stitched, what are the chances you think the “seatback stitching“ wI’ll be included when I choose color stitching as an option?
Stitching color is an option in 2021. I'm so happy that I have a 2020 car arriving, I could not deal with the additional options. :CWL:

Options:
  • Deviated Leather Seat Centers$2k
  • Deviated Stitching Interior Package and Deviated Leather Seat Centers $6k
Sponsored

Last edited:

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
With the “seatbacks“ covered in Olea leather and also stitched, what are the chances the “seatback stitching“ wI’ll be included when I choose interior deviated stitching ?
Interior says it also includes seat backs.
I know I did not fully read your post at first and then I had to edit it to add additional information.

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
@ron_b
AWESOME........thank you, I missed that point on the bottom

Interior says it also includes seat backs.
I know I did not fully read your post at first and then I had to edit it to add additional information.

Simantran

First Name
Simantran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Chalk is not the same color at all. In the US it is very light grey almost white.

Here are some much better pictures of that interior in real life and with the dark silver trim:
(both color trims look great in real life, but my Neodyme pics are too large to upload)

interior3.jpg

interior4.jpg
is this the Basalt/Atacama option? it looks great!

Bsteffes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 S (s) Cayenne S, Taycan 4s, GT4 clubsport
Country flag
From what I understand the Olea is a more supple, luxurious leather.
It is no different. Drove cars with each one. If your options list or wallet didn’t tell you...you would not be able to tell.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
It is no different. Drove cars with each one. If your options list or wallet didn’t tell you...you would not be able to tell.
It's not easy to tell the difference just by 'feel' with new leather. The biggest difference is the Olea seatbacks are covered in stitched leather instead of plastic. Worth the price for that alone IMO. I also like the lighter color of the Olea vs the darker std leather. In terms of quality, wear and overall feel, we'll see in a few years, but I'd always bet on the more expensive leather.

Bsteffes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 S (s) Cayenne S, Taycan 4s, GT4 clubsport
Country flag
It's not easy to tell the difference just by 'feel' with new leather. The biggest difference is the Olea seatbacks are covered in stitched leather instead of plastic. Worth the price for that alone IMO. I also like the lighter color of the Olea vs the darker std leather. In terms of quality, wear and overall feel, we'll see in a few years, but I'd always bet on the more expensive leather.
You are probably right. I didn’t know about the seat backs. Maybe this is like the “natural leather” option in the 911s. Not only was it more supple...but the whole seat was covered.
Good catch!

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You are probably right. I didn’t know about the seat backs. Maybe this is like the “natural leather” option in the 911s. Not only was it more supple...but the whole seat was covered.
Good catch!
Not so clear in a 911, I guess. Not likely to be in the back seat to see it. ;)

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
Not so clear in a 911, I guess. Not likely to be in the back seat to see it. ;)
Added leather most everywhere, including the seat backs, in our GT4 to lower the noise (for my wife and even for me on long road trips).

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I know this is an old thread, but I'm trying to decide between the "Olea Club Leather Interior" black and the standard. In the visualizer it looks like the Olea has nicer stitching - is that what it's like in real life? Any chance anyone has any pictures of the Olea black with the Interior Accents in Neodyme?

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I don’t think it has better stitching particularly. The package may cover some more areas (I’m unsure on that but more than one person has said it...backs of the front seats perhaps?).

The main advantage is that the leather is higher quality. I have it and love it. I think it’s like stereos: if you’re a connoisseur you might notice the difference, many of us will convince ourselves we notice a difference even if we don’t, and some people won’t care.

I’m in the second category for leather and the third for stereos. :)

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
@amelen
Personally I would get it ONLY if adding the contrast stitching option since it does cover the seat backs
If you do not want to do contrast stitching than stick with the regular leather which itself is awesome

I know this is an old thread, but I'm trying to decide between the "Olea Club Leather Interior" black and the standard. In the visualizer it looks like the Olea has nicer stitching - is that what it's like in real life? Any chance anyone has any pictures of the Olea black with the Interior Accents in Neodyme?

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Pics of black olea leather with dark silver. Best looking interior I've ever seen. But - very subjective area here.
Porsche Taycan 'Standard' leather vs. Olea leather? IMG_0146
Porsche Taycan 'Standard' leather vs. Olea leather? IMG_0149
Porsche Taycan 'Standard' leather vs. Olea leather? IMG_0150