Standard or Extended Leather Interior

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
What are people’s thoughts on whether to opt for just the standard interior or extended leather interior? Is the extended worth it given both have leather but obviously different amounts of leather?
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
What are people’s thoughts on whether to opt for just the standard interior or extended leather interior? Is the extended worth it given both have leather but obviously different amounts of leather?
On every car until my Taycan I've gone full leather but I went standard.

Leather is always going to look better but the standard interior in the Taycan is nice and the best Porsche has done. The black full leather interior is only a bit nicer, although the two tones are stunning if any of them are your cup of tea (and you're willing to take extra care for stains on the seats).

I wouldn't give up any performance/comfort options for full leather but if I had a limitless budget I'd get it.

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
I have the Standard Interior and am very happy with it. Used some of the saving to spec the 18 Way Adaptive Sport Seats.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I ordered the standard interior. My car will be my daily driver. I spent the savings on RWS, etc.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I saw them both - leather is a little nicer, but not sure 4k nicer.... I ended up with the full black leather as it was in the car I picked up from the dealer. Two tone looks really nice though - I was originally going for the white (chalk in US, crayon in Europe)

Last edited:

OP
OP
TAYC4S

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I saw them both - leather is a little nicer, but not sure 4k nicer.... I ended up with the full leather as it was in the car I picked up from the dealer. Two tone looks really nice though - I was originally going for the white (chalk in US, crayon in Europe)
Thanks - good to know

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
I have the same dilemma... I am about to place my order but I wasn't sure if the the standard interior would look good or not.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the same dilemma... I am about to place my order but I wasn't sure if the the standard interior would look good or not.
It definitely looks good, much better than on other Porsche cars. Two main reasons..

1) The materials are clearly upgraded, which makes sense since most are shared with the (expensive) "Vegan" interior. It's a nice, subtle, soft-touch leatherette. Steering wheel rim & seats are still leather.

2) The design of the dash really downplays the material, especially from the driver's seat with the design of the instrument cluster. Especially with Black leather you're really just adding stitching. The two tones do add a very cool look, although each of the color combos is a bit fussy and will require more care.

Does Full Leather look better? Yes. Does it look $4k better? Ehhhh. Again, the touch points on the wheel and seats ARE leather in the "Standard" interior. You're paying for aesthetics.

Consider adding the Neodyme or Silver accents as a less expensive way to spice up the looks. I would spec one of those now but there were limited photos available when my spec locked at the start of the year.

If you can afford the leather, get it. But do not sacrifice other options for it. I consider (at least) 20" wheels, LCA, Bose, Sport Chrono, Performance Battery +, and 14 way seats as near must picks before I'd spec leather. Personally I'd add RWS, PTV+, and ACC before leather as well.

Last edited:

OP
OP
TAYC4S

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It definitely looks good, much better than on other Porsche cars. Two main reasons..

1) The materials are clearly upgraded, which makes sense since most are shared with the (expensive) "Vegan" interior. It's a nice, subtle, soft-touch leatherette. Steering wheel rim & seats are still leather.

2) The design of the dash really downplays the material, especially from the driver's seat with the design of the instrument cluster. Especially with Black leather you're really just adding stitching. The two tones do add a very cool look, although each of the color combos is a bit fussy and will require more care.

Does Full Leather look better? Yes. Does it look $4k better? Ehhhh. Again, the touch points on the wheel and seats ARE leather in the "Standard" interior. You're paying for aesthetics.

Consider adding the Neodyme or Silver accents as a less expensive way to spice up the looks. I would spec one of those now but there were limited photos available when my spec locked at the start of the year.

If you can afford the leather, get it. But do not sacrifice other options for it. I consider (at least) 20" wheels, LCA, Bose, Sport Chrono, Performance Battery +, and 14 way seats as near must picks before I'd spec leather. Personally I'd add RWS, PTV+, and ACC before leather as well.
Thanks that’s all really insightful ...

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag

Last Nov I bought my wife a Macan with partial leather seats and really liked it - so opted for partial with 18 way adjustable heated seats on my 4S and unless I went for two tone option I’d happily do this again.
Love the passenger screen and electric sound option and I guess the saving on leather trim makes the cost of this a nett £nil extra

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag

Thank you, that’s really helped. I’m going to just go with the standard interior. I have most of the things you listed aside from “PTV+” but I think where I’m not using leather I will just spec the adaptive sports seats and another toy.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I went with the extended leather - much nicer place to spend time in IMHO

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Really helpful. I did not order the Sport Chrono, because I don't like the clock on the dash and I don't need the dial on the steering wheel. What else will I miss?

UKdragon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I went with the standard interior on a Black on Black combination. In retrospect given the $132K sticker the $4K upgrade for full leather would have been worth it, if only for the look and feel. I was on a budget so picked performance options and 21' wheels. If I could order the car again after having mine for a few weeks I would add the full leather.

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
I went with the standard interior on a Black on Black combination. In retrospect given the $132K sticker the $4K upgrade for full leather would have been worth it, if only for the look and feel. I was on a budget so picked performance options and 21' wheels. If I could order the car again after having mine for a few weeks I would add the full leather.
Not trying to be a wise guy- I never understand when people say they didn’t get a certain option because they were on a very high budget. How do you set a budget of $132k but cannot justify spending an additional $4k? I would understand someone saying I have a budget of $50k and cannot spend anymore.
Sponsored