Stay with MY21 or move to a MY22?

dardleflom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Again I say keep the MY21 order and sell it when it arrives. Order an MY22 now. Also--This is not being resolved in Q1 2022 based on the data below.

Porsche Taycan Stay with MY21 or move to a MY22? FBBnVurVEAA9ATV
Sponsored

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Wow! Completed production?? It’s one data point but wouldn’t be surprised if we hear more stories like this (MY22 finished production before MY21).
Early september i cancelled my MY21 ordered in april as it was delayed multiple times and stuck waiting for missing parts. My dealer had a slot for a MY22 entering production this month … which i took. It comes out of production early next week. If everything goes as planned I should get it end of this month… so it should arrive before my initial order. I was just lucky my dealer had a slot with production this month.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
I buy into that theory. My 22 CT4 completed production last week and arrived at Emden this week. It has a planned departure next week. My sales associate said there were no open campaigns pending for the car. Holding my breath until it's on the boat and heading to the dealer, but so far so good.

When I stumbled into the allocation I had already read the delays here on 21s and for sure thought there was no way I would get the car this year. So far my delivery date was only initially pushed a week to Nov 19, and this week updated to Nov 10 after all the other milestones occurred a week earlier than expected.
Yea, I’ve got a ‘22 4S on the ship headed over as of a week ago that I placed an order for in July. I think it must have been one of the earliest ‘22 orders (my sales agent thought it would be a ‘21). My SA tells me he can’t see if there is any open campaign on it yet. If not, I’ll get it next month. My original estimated delivery date was Nov 18th…the latest it jumped up to was Dec 4th, it’s showing as Dec 3rd now, but SA thinks (fingers crossed), it’ll be closer to original delivery date. ??‍♂ Feeling very fortunate so far.
Sponsored