OP
OP

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
@dmattingly23 : have you seen/touch olea leather?
I'd bet a beer, that you'll regret if you'll take cheaper.
But that's just my $0.02 :angel:
No I have not and wish I did see the TB in the flesh!
I def think I might regret it if I don’t opt for the Olea/TB.
Sponsored

OP
OP

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I would recommend for my22. You will get a newer car which have much less problems and enjoy a few more months waiting time which is only full of nice expectations.
You make a good point about less problems. One would hope that they iron out the kinks for MY22.

For sure, There is something to say about deferring pleasure… :angel:

dardleflom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Given all that's happened with MY21, it's a very sanguine to assume that an MY22 will come by mid-next year if you order now. Also, I'd be surprised if you scored an MY22 at MSRP. The dealer isn't incented to give you a discount on MY21 because if you cancel they can sell the car for more when it arrives to someone else. My recommendation if you don't need the car (I'm in the same position as you):

1) Order an MY22 now and place a deposit.
2) Continue to wait for MY21 and sell it for a profit when it arrives.

I think you'll come out ahead.

BTW my dealer said:

1) If you place an MY22 order now it's at least a 9 month wait for 4S and below. For Turbo/Turbo S, wait is one year or more. And that's before you take any delays into account.
2) Porsche might consider pushing any January/December MY21s into MY22, but nothing official for now.

OP
OP

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Given all that's happened with MY21, it's a very sanguine to assume that an MY22 will come by mid-next year if you order now. Also, I'd be surprised if you scored an MY22 at MSRP. The dealer isn't incented to give you a discount on MY21 because if you cancel they can sell the car for more when it arrives to someone else. My recommendation if you don't need the car (I'm in the same position as you):

1) Order an MY22 now and place a deposit.
2) Continue to wait for MY21 and sell it for a profit when it arrives.

I think you'll come out ahead.

BTW my dealer said:

1) If you place an MY22 order now it's at least a 9 month wait for 4S and below. For Turbo/Turbo S, wait is one year or more. And that's before you take any delays into account.
2) Porsche might consider pushing any January/December MY21s into MY22, but nothing official for now.
I think it’s possible the MY22 will arrive only a few months later than the MY21. Overly optimistic, maybe. Maybe not - Not sure if you’ve read but some folks have MY22 production completed before others with MY21 who are stuck in production (like mine). It seems arbitrary but there could be something with the chip delays and MY21 that are delaying then worse than MY22. Who the hell knows right?

OP
OP

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
If the delays are caused by chip shortages, then it’s also conceivable that MY21s and MY22s will all be stuck at the factory waiting and they will install the chips into MY22s either first (depending on where the cars are “parked”) or at the same time as MY21s.

WilderAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
With any Taycan arriving in '22, regardless of model year, you're rolling the dice on the federal tax credit.

OP
OP

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
With any Taycan arriving in '22, regardless of model year, you're rolling the dice on the federal tax credit.
Yeah that’s what I said in my original post:

“potential loss of federal credit (issue with both MY21 and MY22 since both prob won’t arrive until 22)”

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I would recommend for my22. You will get a newer car which have much less problems and enjoy a few more months waiting time which is only full of nice expectations.
I would go for the my21. Get it as soon as possible and enjoy driving it.

dardleflom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think it’s possible the MY22 will arrive only a few months later than the MY21. Overly optimistic, maybe. Maybe not - Not sure if you’ve read but some folks have MY22 production completed before others with MY21 who are stuck in production (like mine). It seems arbitrary but there could be something with the chip delays and MY21 that are delaying then worse than MY22. Who the hell knows right?
I think the MY22s arriving now are the exception not the rule.

ChronoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT
Country flag
Canceled ‘21 we ordered back in May. ‘22 now on order. Freeze date actually just moved up, and now ‘22 is showing estimated delivery BEFORE the ‘21. Its about time for some good news, but not going to get excited until its on the boat.

OP
OP

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Canceled ‘21 we ordered back in May. ‘22 now on order. Freeze date actually just moved up, and now ‘22 is showing estimated delivery BEFORE the ‘21. Its about time for some good news, but not going to get excited until its on the boat.
Very interesting. What factors led u to cancel and order a 22?

Good luck to you! Hope it arrives soon.

ChronoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT
Country flag
Very interesting. What factors led u to cancel and order a 22?

Good luck to you! Hope it arrives soon.
There seems to be an unknown number of ‘21s that are still stuck at the factory. Some have been ordered as early as April ‘21, have been pushed back multiple times, and are currently showing that 12/31/21 estimated delivery (ours as well as yours). When we saw that date appear on TYD, we lost all confidence in the ‘21. Nobody wants to take delivery of a ‘21 in 2022, and with the current administration, who knows what the tax credit situation will be next year.

Currently, there are ‘21s and ‘22s sailing across the Atlantic on the same ship. There is a theory posted on these forums that there must be a design change on the ‘22s where they don’t need the hard to find TPMS or whatever components these ‘21s are waiting for. I have no idea but that sounds like a plausible theory. Its also possible that something else may be wrong with these ‘21s, or they sustained some sort of damage or defect. Also, if they have been just sitting for the last 5-6 months, what does that do to the battery? Have they been sitting outside all Summer? We just don’t know, and thats not for a lack of trying to find out. Porsche is certainly not doing much to shed light on these issues.

At the end of the day, for about a $3k delta, we felt it made more sense to jettison all of this and (hopefully) wind up with a one model year newer car. Fingers crossed.

Where are you at this point in your ‘21 / ‘22 decision, and what’s the latest news you found about your ‘21 order?

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
There seems to be an unknown number of ‘21s that are still stuck at the factory. Some have been ordered as early as April ‘21, have been pushed back multiple times, and are currently showing that 12/31/21 estimated delivery (ours as well as yours). When we saw that date appear on TYD, we lost all confidence in the ‘21. Nobody wants to take delivery of a ‘21 in 2022, and with the current administration, who knows what the tax credit situation will be next year.

Currently, there are ‘21s and ‘22s sailing across the Atlantic on the same ship. There is a theory posted on these forums that there must be a design change on the ‘22s where they don’t need the hard to find TPMS or whatever components these ‘21s are waiting for. I have no idea but that sounds like a plausible theory. Its also possible that something else may be wrong with these ‘21s, or they sustained some sort of damage or defect. Also, if they have been just sitting for the last 5-6 months, what does that do to the battery? Have they been sitting outside all Summer? We just don’t know, and thats not for a lack of trying to find out. Porsche is certainly not doing much to shed light on these issues.

At the end of the day, for about a $3k delta, we felt it made more sense to jettison all of this and (hopefully) wind up with a one model year newer car. Fingers crossed.

Where are you at this point in your ‘21 / ‘22 decision, and what’s the latest news you found about your ‘21 order?
I buy into that theory. My 22 CT4 completed production last week and arrived at Emden this week. It has a planned departure next week. My sales associate said there were no open campaigns pending for the car. Holding my breath until it's on the boat and heading to the dealer, but so far so good.

When I stumbled into the allocation I had already read the delays here on 21s and for sure thought there was no way I would get the car this year. So far my delivery date was only initially pushed a week to Nov 19, and this week updated to Nov 10 after all the other milestones occurred a week earlier than expected.

OP
OP

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I buy into that theory. My 22 CT4 completed production last week and arrived at Emden this week. It has a planned departure next week. My sales associate said there were no open campaigns pending for the car. Holding my breath until it's on the boat and heading to the dealer, but so far so good.

When I stumbled into the allocation I had already read the delays here on 21s and for sure thought there was no way I would get the car this year. So far my delivery date was only initially pushed a week to Nov 19, and this week updated to Nov 10 after all the other milestones occurred a week earlier than expected.
Wow! Completed production?? It’s one data point but wouldn’t be surprised if we hear more stories like this (MY22 finished production before MY21).

OP
OP

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag

Very very helpful and was thinking the same (issue with 21s that doesn’t exist with 22s).

As for my current decision, I was mainly concerned with the depreciation of the 21 but feel like less an issue as I could probably sell it at a profit now and won’t feel the pain of any depreciation until I sell or trade it in in 5 years (who knows what depreciation looks like though in 5 years). That said, the appeal of reconfiguring a new car “exactly” the way I want it + less depreciation + MY22 maybe having less tech issue (?) is swaying me to taking the 22 allocation. Like I’ve said before, I don’t mind waiting longer as long as it’s not several months…and who knows I might actually get the 22 the same time or sooner.
Sponsored