Stealth/matte or gloss ppf on frozen berry?

laua

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, V60, CT4S incoming
Country flag
I’ve got a frozen berry CT4S incoming and really struggling to decide if I want ppf or not (never had it on a car before). I’m leaning towards yes, but also can’t decide if I want matte or glossy. Seems like if I get a full ppf, might be worth going matte to change up the look but can’t find any photos of matte/stealth frozen berry.

I welcome any comments and considerations and most importantly, any photos of frozen berry (or similar color) with a matte ppf wrap!
Sponsored

Lanman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RS e-tron GT
Country flag
I'm not sure if you already know which shop you want to do your wrap but I would ask them to do a small section or a single panel of the stealth/matte finsh so that you can see it on the car in the sunlight. I think the vast majority of your better shops would do it at little to no cost because they know its a big decision and they want you to be happy with the final product.

Also, if you haven't picked your shop yet, I would start shopping around now so that you can get to know the people and see some of their work.

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
I'm not sure if I've ever seen a matte PPF on metallic paint in person but the pics I've seen seem to take most of the metallic effect out. It's a completely personal choice and if someone wants it, I say go for it, but I personally prefer it on darker colors and non-metallic. But again, that's just me.

OP
OP
laua

laua

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, V60, CT4S incoming
Country flag
Since I’m in north NJ; been thinking of Signature Detailing and Detailers Domain. Heard good things about both and am sure they’ll do a good job, but sometimes I’m still not sold on ppf. Mainly, if it can’t protect against anything more than a stone chip, it seems to be of limited function.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
I don't know about you, but a Frozen Berry Taycan changes up the look of basically anything I've ever seen or driven in my life. And that's precisely why I'm getting one! My 4S is on the boat so I scheduled my PPF because the elements and our roads just destroy paint so quickly.

But I'd never matte it out!! Have you seen the color in person?? It has SO much depth and is a chameleon in different light sources. If anything I'd want the color to pop more, not blur it out. But I'm sure it'll look cool either way. I just think this is a unique enough color that nothing should get in the way of appreciating it. Check out this interesting article about the designer of the color and the thought that went into creating it.
https://www.alt-drivemagazine.com/insights/how-the-porsche-frozen-berry-metallic-colour-was-created

Enjoy your beautiful Taycan, what ever you decide! And post pics!!! :D

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I’ve got a frozen berry CT4S incoming and really struggling to decide if I want ppf or not (never had it on a car before). I’m leaning towards yes, but also can’t decide if I want matte or glossy. Seems like if I get a full ppf, might be worth going matte to change up the look but can’t find any photos of matte/stealth frozen berry.

I welcome any comments and considerations and most importantly, any photos of frozen berry (or similar color) with a matte ppf wrap!
Frozen berry is a pretty cool color. It reads a little feminine to me in some ways but in looking at it in person you can see small details that indeed make it more of a neutral color. With a matte PPF, its possible that it reads a bit more pink which might move it in more of a feminine direction. For those that find this desirable, all good. However, this may make it less desirable to many.

My recommendation would be to clear PPF the front clip. This is where it makes the most sense from a practical pov while preserving the subtle details of this color choice.

Lanman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RS e-tron GT
Country flag
Since I’m in north NJ; been thinking of Signature Detailing and Detailers Domain. Heard good things about both and am sure they’ll do a good job, but sometimes I’m still not sold on ppf. Mainly, if it can’t protect against anything more than a stone chip, it seems to be of limited function.
I think you bring up a very good point regarding the clear PPF. Determining if it's worth it or not depends on a lot of factors such as road conditions where you live, how much you drive, how long you plan on keeping the car and your own personality when it comes to having paint chips on the car. Paint chips drive some people crazy and others don't even notice them. Also, it's probably worth noting that most people who do clear PPF typically only do the front of the car which significantly reduces the cost.

When it comes to stealth / matte PPF it's more about changing the appearance of the car so you have to weigh the value differently. Not only are you getting the protection of the PPF but you're also changing the look and personality of the car. Of course that means wrapping the entire car and a higher overall cost. It also means that only you can decide how much it's worth to you.

Right now my Daytona Grey RS e-tron GT is being wrapped with matte PPF. I went with the matte PPF because I like the look and thought it would make an already rare car even more unique. To me, the paint protection is just an added bonus.

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Go with the clear PPF, the frozen berry metallic will continue to shine for years.
Feel like matte finish would turn it into a kind of cosmetic blush?!?
I only did 3M PPF on the front including quarters and mirrors (3M comes with a 10 year warranty) and I didn't want to keep cursing out stone chips from some annoying high-riding pickup every time I wash the taycan
Sponsored