nihas7

First Name
nihas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF, RR velar
Country flag
Has anyone observed if the steering design with Sports Chrono differ from the other without sports chrono.
Else it is just the Analogue and digital stopwatch, sports + mode and individual and a knob. I have test driven the car with sports chrono and didnt really feel the difference sport and sport + mode on Norwegian highway. I could add that money else where such as Steering wheel trim in Carbon matt or some Porsche emblem interior etc.

Any opinion on Sports Chrono?

Porsche Taycan Steering Sport Chrono steering2.JPG

Porsche Taycan Steering Sport Chrono steering.JPG

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Has anyone observed if the steering design with Sports Chrono differ from the other without sports chrono.
Else it is just the Analogue and digital stopwatch, sports + mode and individual and a knob. I have test driven the car with sports chrono and didnt really feel the difference sport and sport + mode on Norwegian highway. I could add that money else where such as Steering wheel trim in Carbon matt or some Porsche emblem interior etc.

Any opinion on Sports Chrono?
If you look close the bottom steering wheel has thicker hand holds at 10 and 2; addition stitching at 12, 4, and 8. The design of around the buttons is slight tweaked as well (notice the screws).

OP
OP
nihas7

nihas7

First Name
nihas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF, RR velar
Country flag
If you look close the bottom steering wheel has thicker hand holds at 10 and 2; addition stitching at 12, 4, and 8. The design of around the buttons is slight tweaked as well (notice the screws).
wow thats good observation especially those screws.
Well then I keep the Chrono even though I am sure I am not gonna use the sports + or individual mode ever. Test drive with those steering with sports Chrono was amazing.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
From the configurator Sports Chrono includes "Multifunction GT Sport Steering Wheel including mode switch for selecting drive modes: Range, Normal, SPORT, SPORT PLUS and Individual "

It is a different wheel., slightly smaller and thicker. I believe the steering wheel options are the exact same as the 992, but for the 992 the GT wheel is a completely separate option and not folded into Chrono.

Most like the GT wheel better, feels sportier.

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’ve found that I really like having the knob b/c I haven’t figured out (or maybe you cannot) how to default to Sport Plus. I initially picked the package b/c the dash clock just felt like it belonged there in a Porsche but now that I have it I’m glad I have the knob b/c I routinely move to Sport Plus once I’m driving. Also, the wheel felt a little anemic in the model without it. I was coming from an M5 with a really beefy steering wheel so that played in as well.
Sponsored