Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
Last edited:

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Gents,

Any suggestions on how to get this onto the beautiful Taycan steering wheel?

1598539797791.png

Electrical tape is out, just so that's said :)

Edit: Found this thread. Will review and see. Has anyone else done it already, perhaps?
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3...88-top-center-marker-on-steering-wheel-1.html
There were some examples of very nice results on that thread. I ordered some of the sample size 3M 1080 vinyl wrap that was mentioned (the other option was gaffers tape). If one of the samples I ordered is a match for my Mamba Green, I will try it. It was less than $10 for a few samples through Amazon so not a big investment and fully reversible.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
There are cable ties with velcro in any color you want.
Those are great for these applications as these can be removed without any damage to the leather/racetex.
They can be cut to the width and length you prefer.
Example:
Porsche Taycan Steering wheel colour stripe Screenshot_20200828-165045

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/272843900459

Last edited:

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I ordered samples of 4 different green vinyl wraps (3M 1080 and VViViD) with my fingers crossed that one would match my Mamba Green. Success. The matte green from VViViD vinyl was super close to Mamba Green. I ordered VVivid+ Matte Metallic Green (Ghost) and the Matte Metallic Lime Green from Amazon (1 ft x 5ft roll) for about $11 each. I don't know if Amazon mixed up the labels. The one that was labelled by Amazon as Matte Metallic Lime Green was the one I used (it is the darker of the two). On the website, it looks like the darker one is the Matte Metallic Green (Ghost).

I think the steering wheel stripe adds a nice pop to the black interior to match the Mamba Green interior trim on the doors. It was super easy to do (just stretch the vinyl a bit to get it to fall into the grooves) and is fully reversible. It took me two tries to get the final result.

Porsche Taycan Steering wheel colour stripe 20200918_135810_resized

Porsche Taycan Steering wheel colour stripe 20200918_145921_resized

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I ordered samples of 4 different green vinyl wraps (3M 1080 and VViViD) with my fingers crossed that one would match my Mamba Green. Success. The matte green from VViViD vinyl was super close to Mamba Green. I ordered VVivid+ Matte Metallic Green (Ghost) and the Matte Metallic Lime Green from Amazon (1 ft x 5ft roll) for about $11 each. I don't know if Amazon mixed up the labels. The one that was labelled by Amazon as Matte Metallic Lime Green was the one I used (it is the darker of the two). On the website, it looks like the darker one is the Matte Metallic Green (Ghost).

I think the steering wheel stripe adds a nice pop to the black interior to match the Mamba Green interior trim on the doors. It was super easy to do (just stretch the vinyl a bit to get it to fall into the grooves) and is fully reversible. It took me two tries to get the final result.

20200918_135810_resized.jpg

20200918_145921_resized.jpg
Excellent result!
Very well done!
It's all in the details...
I'm still waiting on my Velcro cable ties (I have racetex on my steering wheel).

Jayjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi Q7 50, BMW 330 cabrio
Country flag

This looks so nice!

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This looks so nice!
Thank you. Most of the posts on the 911 rennlist forum recommend using 1/2 inch gaffers tape or vinyl. I discovered that it was too wide. I went down by 1/8 inch and then pulled on the vinyl to stretch it a bit to fit into the seams on the steering wheel.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Excellent result!
Very well done!
It's all in the details...
I'm still waiting on my Velcro cable ties (I have racetex on my steering wheel).
When you have them show us what it looks like. :)

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
When you have them show us what it looks like. :)
Ah sorry, didn't look good.
Then I tried white film but decided that it's not a race car and just went with my standard alcantara steering wheel... :)

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Ah sorry, didn't look good.
Then I tried white film but decided that it's not a race car and just went with my standard alcantara steering wheel... :)
OK that sounds good. I had my doubts so figured you would be guinea piging...... :cool:

MWarsaw

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Gents,

Any suggestions on how to get this onto the beautiful Taycan steering wheel?

1598539797791.png

Electrical tape is out, just so that's said :)

Edit: Found this thread. Will review and see. Has anyone else done it already, perhaps?
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3...88-top-center-marker-on-steering-wheel-1.html
Just put my red stripe on the steering wheel and it looks awesome. I have the “alcantara “style wheel covering which sticks well to the adhesive on vinyl wraps. I used an Oracal vinyl but most brands should work. Check out the photo...

Porsche Taycan Steering wheel colour stripe C3870EB9-4083-43CD-8ADA-B27CEE692CD8

MWarsaw

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just put my red stripe on the steering wheel and it looks awesome. I have the “alcantara “style wheel covering which sticks well to the adhesive on vinyl wraps. I used an Oracal vinyl but most brands should work. Check out the photo...

C3870EB9-4083-43CD-8ADA-B27CEE692CD8.jpeg
Porsche Taycan Steering wheel colour stripe 748C40C0-0264-4605-B10E-8E9F4E54D3A6

OP
OP
Gubbjaevel

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
Works well on leather as well.

Porsche Taycan Steering wheel colour stripe Capture.PNG

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
@wemct
Hi......how’s the color ring holding up?