Stereo keeps muting!

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
I've picked up my Turbo today and had a 420 mile drive home, the Bose stereo kept muting so I had to keep rolling the Volume wheel on the steering wheel to get it back on
It was mainly when using car play, the track was still playing just no volume

has anyone else had this issue?
Sponsored

pod1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've picked up my Turbo today and had a 420 mile drive home, the Bose stereo kept muting so I had to keep rolling the Volume wheel on the steering wheel to get it back on

Are you sure you’re not accidentally pushing on the volume wheel while driving as that is the function to mute the stereo.

OP
OP

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Are you sure you’re not accidentally pushing on the volume wheel while driving as that is the function to mute the stereo.
Possibly :CWL:

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I have had the same issue a few times. I have been using Apple Music in the car at the time. It looks like the track is playing but volume is zero. And I can not change it. Need to switch to normal radio and then back to Music.
The only thing I can think of is that there was no LTE connection and no cellular service at all. I have had similar issues with Spotify also. Keep an eye out if you loose LTE signal or any data connection?

OP
OP

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have had the same issue a few times. I have been using Apple Music in the car at the time. It looks like the track is playing but volume is zero. And I can not change it. Need to switch to normal radio and then back to Music.
The only thing I can think of is that there was no LTE connection and no cellular service at all. I have had similar issues with Spotify also. Keep an eye out if you loose LTE signal or any data connection?
On mine i just need to turn the volume up, it shows the mute sign on the screen

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
I’ve had that in the wireless Apple CarPlay in my BMWs. I’ve never experienced that using the wired CarPlay though. Were you usIng CarPlay or the PCM music interface?

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If you are listening to something not through CarPlay and your phone is connected via CarPlay, then sounds from your phone will interrupt the music, like if you get a notification. Might be a bug or something that it doesn't switch the audio back after playing CarPlay sounds.

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
This problem I've had, and it's not just Apple Music, but Bluetooth audio too. Same fix. I think it's a PCM bug, not a data issue.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Great first post after a long awaited pick up! :CWL:

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Yes same issue - was listening to music on Spotify via Carplay with the satnav on. The Nav gave an instruction and the music muted....but then didn't unmute. To fix I turned up the volume.

PCM bug....of which there seem to be many!

zeebee2

First Name
Zahid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (since June 20) and Land Rover Evoque
Country flag
Yes same issue - was listening to music on Spotify via Carplay with the satnav on. The Nav gave an instruction and the music muted....but then didn't unmute. To fix I turned up the volume.

PCM bug....of which there seem to be many!
I have exactly the same issue. I have a long list of non-critical bugs with the PCM that I have brought to my dealer's attention

OP
OP

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have exactly the same issue. I have a long list of non-critical bugs with the PCM that I have brought to my dealer's attention
Let me know if you get a fix, my biggest concern is not being able to charge at home !!!!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why can you not charge at home?

OP
OP

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why can you not charge at home?
My home charger won't charge my Taycan but works fine on my other car

so I'm having to use the connect charger that comes with the car but it's going to take 36hrs
Porsche GB are closed today, the dealer I bought the car from are 400 miles away (they have given me some suggestions but they haven't worked)

I visited my local dealership today who told me to go to where I bought it from
Which is poor service

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My home charger won't charge my Taycan but works fine on my other car

so I'm having to use the connect charger that comes with the car but it's going to take 36hrs
Porsche GB are closed today, the dealer I bought the car from are 400 miles away (they have given me some suggestions but they haven't worked)

I visited my local dealership today who told me to go to where I bought it from
Which is poor service
Sorry to hear that. How old is your home charger then? Maybe there is some SW update for it to bring it up to date.

I have a Tesla Wall connector with 11 kW that works great and yesterday I got this installed
Porsche Taycan Stereo keeps muting! 6914F395-C8C9-44AD-ABAB-183EA2495273

sorry for the tilted picture! No idea why?

This also brings 11 kW but can charge up to 22 kW if the car can take it.

Some friends charged their Zoe with this at more than 20 kW!!!
Sponsored