Stop order on deviated stitching?

most_vexing_parse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e-tron, Porsche Taycan GTS, Macan Turbo (order)
Country flag
I heard from my SA today that Porsche has put a stop order on deviated stitching (new 2023 Taycan GTS order). Beyond telling me that this went into effect in early February, he didn't have much additional information. Has anyone else heard the same or have additional information?
Sponsored

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I heard from my SA today that Porsche has put a stop order on deviated stitching (new 2023 Taycan GTS order). Beyond telling me that this went into effect in early February, he didn't have much additional information. Has anyone else heard the same or have additional information?
I’ve not heard anything - my car was expected to enter into production at the end of this month, so I was hoping to see this update on the app before the end of next week. I’ll post on here if I obtain any news.

I can’t imagine why there would be a problem - surely there’s not a parts shortage for different colour thread?!

Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mamba 4S sport T super yay!
Country flag
Similar to the above. Mine is due to leave the factory at the end of March (possibly, maybe... god actually knows!!) but I have not heard about any stop sales on deviated stitching either, although my 'leave factory date' did shift by a week. That looks like the norm though, but I will do the same as others have said and post on here if I hear any different. I hope you get your car soon! Its gets tense when its so near and yet so far !!!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I think deviated stitching potentially causes great holdup and/or difficult management of production since it makes a complete trim set unique to a single vehicle if unusual.

I suspect a bit of the extra delay I experienced was due to my specifying Blackberry interior which presumably meant waiting for the next worthwhile batch size of blackberry orders. About 80% are black so by far the easiest and cheapest to manage In production.

I expect the high cost of deviated stitching has everything to do with extra manufacturing time and inconvenience and maybe, under some production demand, providing the option causes unacceptable delay annoying everybody, so they stop for a while.
Sponsored