MJH_102383

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Taycan Turbo S; MY22 911 GT3; MY22 911 TS Cab
Country flag
Hey everyone, first and foremost this is my favorite Porsche having owned a half dozen and currently we own a 2019 Cayenne Turbo, a 2017 911 Turbo, and a few months back I picked up a Taycan Turbo-S. So no I am not complaining I am just trying to understand some of the minor things that are making me crazy and I am wondering if I am the only one.

After Car Wash or In the Rain - Braking Particularly <5mph
I find that when the car is wet pulling into a parking spot at 3-4 or even 5 mph I have to nearly put my brake pedal to the floor to get the car to come to a complete stop! In a way, it feels like the brake pad is pressing the rotor but just sliding for a few seconds before it actually stops. When it does stop, it is extremely loud (passengers who are not ready for the sound are shocked).

Nudging / Wind Blowing Feeling at Complete Stop
When I am stopped at a light for example in the Taycan... for whatever reason it feels like the car is almost being nudged from behind. As if a car is behind me nudging me to pull up. Again this sounds absolutely insane, but all that I can compare it to is when it is very windy outside and you feel like the car is being blown from side to side. I am not sure if this is something that is common or specific to my Taycan.
Sponsored

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Hey everyone, first and foremost this is my favorite Porsche having owned a half dozen and currently we own a 2019 Cayenne Turbo, a 2017 911 Turbo, and a few months back I picked up a Taycan Turbo-S. So no I am not complaining I am just trying to understand some of the minor things that are making me crazy and I am wondering if I am the only one.

I find that when the car is wet pulling into a parking spot at 3-4 or even 5 mph I have to nearly put my brake pedal to the floor to get the car to come to a complete stop! In a way, it feels like the brake pad is pressing the rotor but just sliding for a few seconds before it actually stops. When it does stop, it is extremely loud (passengers who are not ready for the sound are shocked).

When I am stopped at a light for example in the Taycan... for whatever reason it feels like the car is almost being nudged from behind. As if a car is behind me nudging me to pull up. Again this sounds absolutely insane, but all that I can compare it to is when it is very windy outside and you feel like the car is being blown from side to side. I am not sure if this is something that is common or specific to my Taycan.
Sounds like odd behavior in both situations. I have not experienced this and I have been driving in rain, wind and snow for two months.
Probably should get the car to your Porsche dealer so they can check the brakes. (At least that is what I would do. Just a suggestion).
Hopefully another forum member can provide some insight.
Keep us posted.
Thank you.

Edited: I do not have carbon brakes so this might be the difference.

Last edited:

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Couple questions:
  1. Does this happen only during the beginning of your trip? Or always no matter how far into the trip?
  2. What kind of brakes do you have?
Thanks!

TurkishTaycan

First Name
Umut Can
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

I have a taycan turbo s with carbon ceramic brake discs and i feel both your situations with my car. I need to brake all the way down for the car to stay put. And especially in wet and cold conditions the brakes sound kinda metalic gearish noises :) poor english there sorry. I can say that it is related with our brakes. I don't think there is a problem. It's just not perfect that's all.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

Taken together these two events have got “brake problems” written all over it, and it sounds like it’s repeatable. Go see a dealer right away.

Will Perrott

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Macan S
Country flag

Hi. My Taycan 4S with Surface Coated brake disks also did the nudging thing initially but it has stopped now. It did it for about the first 200 miles. No idea what caused it or why it stopped, but I am ware that the PSCB brakes need a period of running in so it could be that. I assume you have carbon ceramic brakes on your Turbo S so yours might ne a different cause. Will

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag

none of those issues with standard steel brakes.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I experienced the exact same on my Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid with carbon ceramic discs. Shortly after coming out of car wash, I'd brake hard to "dry" the rotors.

They would squeak loudly enough to make people around stare at the car.

Literally standing on the brake pedal would hardly slow down the car for the first couple of attempts after coming out of the wash. Once repeated a few times, they would quickly get back to normal.

I think this is just a characteristic of carbon ceramics.

I went with PSCB for my new Taycan (yet to be delivered so unsure if similar).

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The brakes after car wash is completely normal for any car with carbon ceramic brakes. I have that on my previous and current non Porsche ceramic brake cars.

The brake pedal creep is also normal. If you have been driving your Cayenne lately the pedal has more servo on it than a Taycan and is noticeable.

I noticed this coming out of a 2020 Cayenne hybrid demo I was driving for 6 weeks. The pedal in the Cayenne, you press the pedal less to keep the car stationary than a Taycan if you know what I mean

SebastienBeun

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 992 Carrera S
Country flag
I experienced the exact same on my Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid with carbon ceramic discs. Shortly after coming out of car wash, I'd brake hard to "dry" the rotors.

They would squeak loudly enough to make people around stare at the car.

Literally standing on the brake pedal would hardly slow down the car for the first couple of attempts after coming out of the wash. Once repeated a few times, they would quickly get back to normal.

I think this is just a characteristic of carbon ceramics.

I went with PSCB for my new Taycan (yet to be delivered so unsure if similar).
No such things with PSCB at all.

But what was described with the carbon ceramic brakes (car wash and pedal creep) seems perfectly normal to me for such brakes indeed :)

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
That's good to hear. I enjoyed the "drama" and the look of the PCCB's but looking forward to the "more modern" and definitely more appropriate PSCB's for an EV.

SebastienBeun

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 992 Carrera S
Country flag
That's good to hear. I enjoyed the "drama" and the look of the PCCB's but looking forward to the "more modern" and definitely more appropriate PSCB's for an EV.
I totally agree with you :)

OP
OP
MJH_102383

MJH_102383

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Taycan Turbo S; MY22 911 GT3; MY22 911 TS Cab
Country flag
Thank you so much everyone for the responses. I am having my local Porsche dealer look at this as I am not thrilled with the braking situation and I absolutely LOVE the PSCB brakes on my wife's Cayenne Turbo. They stop on a dime, and while they can be a little squeaky at times they always stop even after a car wash or in the rain, etc.

What I am trying to figure out is can I switch from the PCCB brakes with bright yellow calipers to PSCB brakes with yellow or black calipers? Would this be a step down?

Gbnj

First Name
Gurvan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Range Rover
Country flag
Thank you so much everyone for the responses. I am having my local Porsche dealer look at this as I am not thrilled with the braking situation and I absolutely LOVE the PSCB brakes on my wife's Cayenne Turbo. They stop on a dime, and while they can be a little squeaky at times they always stop even after a car wash or in the rain, etc.

What I am trying to figure out is can I switch from the PCCB brakes with bright yellow calipers to PSCB brakes with yellow or black calipers? Would this be a step down?
I have the PSCB on my Turbo, and notice the same thing @ <5mph, when it rains or snows. This sensation is not reproducible without precipitation.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag