Storage questions: charging cable in trunk or frunk? Bag options for frunk?

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
Hi there,

where do you keep your mode 2 (AC) charging cable? In the frunk where it will probably leave not much room for anything else, right?
Or does it fit into one of the two spaces to the left and right of the trunk gate?
Or where do you carry it otherwise?

Also, anybody found yet a bag or suitcase that’s perfectly fitting in the frunk and is not from Porsche and therefore not superexpensive? ;) I don’t want to use one of Teslabjörn‘s banana boxes, either. :p

thanks for your answers!

Best regards from Germany,
Christian
Sponsored

Last edited:

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
My car is still sat at the port for delivery but I have bought one of these to store the cables.

Porsche Taycan Storage questions: charging cable in trunk or frunk? Bag options for frunk? B31FFC3C-DC85-4648-A7AC-78CFDD78EC79

only £30/$40 part code 95B 044 009

Last edited:
OP
OP
cd77

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
My car is still sat at the port for delivery but I have bought one of these to store the cables.

B31FFC3C-DC85-4648-A7AC-78CFDD78EC79.jpeg

only £30/$40 part code 95B 044 009
Yeah, I saw that one in the accessories catalogue. I have similar boxes, one from my BMW and one from my Audi RS6. The one from the Beemer might be large enough to contain the cable. But I had hoped to be able to stow the cable away in either of the two side spaces besides the trunk gate...?!

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Hallo Christian,

if you have the regular stereo without the subwoofer, there is a compartment below the regular trunk in which it is easy to store the charging cable. I'd keep the frunk my "clean" baggage compartment, i.e. for food or better clothes.

The cable does not fit into the two spaces left and right of the trunk gate, my guess. But I could give it a try.

Cheers,
Henrik

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
The Portable Porsche Charging Station comes in a bag that fits in the Frunk quite nicely. It take up half the Frunk.

I also keep the following in the Frunk:
- A plastic kitty litter container full of sand. (Because: Winter)
- A snow shovel (in a Tesla Bag, see also: Winter)
- Two Snow Trax. (did I mention: Winter?)
- A Candy Apple Red Turbo (thx fleaBay) It's a Taycan TURBO. Get it? If you don't have a Turbo, then everyone will laugh at you.

In the side pockets, I store rechargeable highway flashers. (because in the US we don't get that First Aid kit)

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Hi there,

where do you keep your mode 2 (AC) charging cable? In the frunk where it will probably leave not much room for anything else, right?
Or does it fit into one of the two spaces to the left and right of the trunk gate?
Or where do you carry it otherwise?

Also, anybody found yet a bag or suitcase that’s perfectly fitting in the frunk and is not from Porsche and therefore not superexpensive? ;) I don’t want to use one of Teslabjörn‘s banana boxes, either. :p

thanks for your answers!

Best regards from Germany,
Christian
Hi, I have just tested a bit with some luggage that we normally have used. And I am positively surprised how much can fit into the Taycan. I have a Turbo and I have my mode2 cable stored under the floor in the Trunk.

Here are some pictures. Please note that I did not pack the cases so that they looked like a football but rather normal.
Porsche Taycan Storage questions: charging cable in trunk or frunk? Bag options for frunk? 1E4A15C7-8A1B-4B2F-AFD0-AB3A1EE6AAE6
Porsche Taycan Storage questions: charging cable in trunk or frunk? Bag options for frunk? 9C5D584F-59A8-43F4-8E6D-F7A6F2E70484
Porsche Taycan Storage questions: charging cable in trunk or frunk? Bag options for frunk? 45EA69EB-29AF-4951-97C5-BAC5A4BAB5E7
Porsche Taycan Storage questions: charging cable in trunk or frunk? Bag options for frunk? 0B8FBCE0-FFA6-4B4B-AEAC-137FE8A670DC

In the Frunk I could fit a normal carry on bag plus the ratherlarge bag with the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect.
I the Trunk I put in one large bag, one medium size bag and one normal carry on bag, which is at the right in the picture. I could also put in some loose bottles of wines between the bags, as well as a small soft cool bag and my camera bag without any problems. I am actually quite impressed by how much the car could take onboard. That certainly will last us two for a long European trip!

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Everyone will have different experiences but I can say that in our tesla we've used the charging cable exactly once in 18 months of ownership. Our home L2 charger and destination chargers all have cables. The only time we've used the provided cable was when I happened to park in front of a regular wall outlet in a garage and thought "hey, I'll plug in and trickle charge while we're inside." With that in mind, my Taycan charger is going to be semi-permanently mounted in the garage for the L2 home charging. I just don't see any need for it to be always in the car outside of if you're going to pull up to an RV park or plug into a wall outlet somewhere.
Sponsored