carboard123

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s 1972 911T Targa
Country flag
I have successfully registered and logged into my Apple Music account directly via the Taycan infotainment system (not via CarPlay) in my 2021 Taycan 4S. I have also successfully registered and logged into my Apple Podcast account directly via the infotainment system. The problem is that when I register and log into one it automatically kicks me out of the other. Once kicked out, i have to re-register and log in again (not just log in again but literally reregister using UPC code, etc).

This has happened numerous times so its not a one time bug. Bottom line there seems to be no way to be registered and logged into both Apple Music and Apple Podcasts (i am not suggesting i want to use both at the same time, but i should not have to re-register and log in every time i switch between the two).

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Am i doing something wrong here?
Sponsored

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Same thing here. I also have to log in to Apple Music repeatedly even when I don't have Podcasts enabled. It's all wildly inconsistent. I will go days with everything working properly, then randomly, I'll have to re-login to Apple Music with the QR code all from scratch. Same with Apple Podcasts.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have successfully registered and logged into my Apple Music account directly via the Taycan infotainment system (not via CarPlay) in my 2021 Taycan 4S. I have also successfully registered and logged into my Apple Podcast account directly via the infotainment system. The problem is that when I register and log into one it automatically kicks me out of the other. Once kicked out, i have to re-register and log in again (not just log in again but literally reregister using UPC code, etc).

This has happened numerous times so its not a one time bug. Bottom line there seems to be no way to be registered and logged into both Apple Music and Apple Podcasts (i am not suggesting i want to use both at the same time, but i should not have to re-register and log in every time i switch between the two).

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Am i doing something wrong here?
I had the same problem, but last week eventually managed to get it to work.. Try this - logon to Apple Music, then actually start playing a playlist or track. While it is playing, then try logging on to Podcasts using the QR code. You then can start playing something on Podcasts, and when you go back to Apple Music, you will still be logged on. Bizarre quirk of the PCM. After nearly 18 months of ownership, I've gone from wanting to rip the PCM out of the dash and throw it through the window to just accepting that these little nuances give the car character (except when it shut the car down in the middle of a road).

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had this weird kind of behaviour sometimes ago but it settled itself for quite a while now. I can shuffle between Apple Music and Podcast with no more fuss now…..

I believe Doc B’s solution should do the trick and calm everything down.

Until something else comes up…. Like PCM kicking you out of your profile and ghosting it out in grey for a while.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
Same thing here. I also have to log in to Apple Music repeatedly even when I don't have Podcasts enabled. It's all wildly inconsistent. I will go days with everything working properly, then randomly, I'll have to re-login to Apple Music with the QR code all from scratch. Same with Apple Podcasts.
same here. now since one year, dozens of tickets, complaints, hardware changes, resets etc.
most issues come from buggy back end as with all the config issues.
Sponsored