Strange FOD behavior post-update for MY20 Taycan

TCN48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tycan
Country flag
Hi all,
I am not sure if this post deserves a new thread, but as everyone is sharing their experience with their update for 2020 Taycan.
I recently had my Taycan 4S update with the new firmware and things went surprisedly well, except it took 10 days.
Once the update was done and all the OTA were installed, I was given the options to purchase 5 different FOD "security", "range", "connect care", "ALK" and "Innodrive".
I was excited to try out the InnoDrive but figure I will subscribe to the free "connect care" 1st, that purchase went through no issue. But then when I returned to the Connect Store. Both ALK and InnoDrive is no longer available. I have contacted both Porsche web service and my dealership but no one seems to know why it happened.
Just want to share this experience in case anyone else is interested in getting InnoDrive or if someone else had a similar issue.

tl;dr - Purchasing "connect care" lock me out of option of getting "InnoDrive"

Thanks for taking your time to read my post.
Sponsored

Armyav8tor

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Similar situation. ALK and Innodrive showed up finally (had the WMA5 update over a week prior) a few nights ago in the Connect Store, the next morning the options disappeared and haven’t seen it since.

Guenarius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone able to successfully load Innodrive or ALK via FOD after the update? Still not showing up in connect store

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 928S
Country flag
The WMA5 update was completed on my MY20 T4S last week and all of the OTA updates installed without a problem.

My car has factory ACC. However, I have seen no FoD features or options post the upgrade including ALK and Innodrive which should be available to cars with ACC. It is not that the features were there initially and now they are not; they have never been there, at all.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

OP
OP

TCN48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tycan
Country flag
I am wondering if there's someone from Porsche that we can connect to let them know this seems to be a developing problem with the update for 2020 Taycan.

OP
OP

TCN48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tycan
Country flag
I am happy to report that both options are now available to purchase. I have made the purchase online and will try to test them out in the next few days and report back. If you have had similar issue you should check again.

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
After waiting patiently for the FOD ALK and Innodrive options to appear following my MY20 T4S' WMA 5 & 7 upgrade completed in mid-April, I called PNA Customer Support in mid-May. They told me that they had no idea why the FODs options were not available and would escalate the problem.

After about a week and several repeat phone calls to PNA (they never seem to return calls or emails) the agent told me that the escalation support team looked into the problem and reported that my car needed the WMA 5 & 7 Upgrades. I told them that the software upgrades had already been installed. PNA disagreed and called the service writer to confirm.

I am happy to report that the options just became available to me on the Connect app. I don't know if my calling PNA and getting them to recognize that they had incorrect data in their system or the problem has now been solved for everybody.

I plan to install both ALK and Innodrive FODs, now that they are available.

PorscheGG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Macan GTS, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
After waiting patiently for the FOD ALK and Innodrive options to appear following my MY20 T4S' WMA 5 & 7 upgrade completed in mid-April, I called PNA Customer Support in mid-May. They told me that they had no idea why the FODs options were not available and would escalate the problem.

After about a week and several repeat phone calls to PNA (they never seem to return calls or emails) the agent told me that the escalation support team looked into the problem and reported that my car needed the WMA 5 & 7 Upgrades. I told them that the software upgrades had already been installed. PNA disagreed and called the service writer to confirm.

I am happy to report that the options just became available to me on the Connect app. I don't know if my calling PNA and getting them to recognize that they had incorrect data in their system or the problem has now been solved for everybody.

I plan to install both ALK and Innodrive FODs, now that they are available.
Where do you access the store in the Connect app? Are you able to show screenshots?

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Where do you access the store in the Connect app? Are you able to show screenshots?
If you are looking for services see attached image.
My Porsche app or online, login, Services.
Lists all available services connected or to subscribe/purchase.
Hope this helps.

Porsche Taycan Strange FOD behavior post-update for MY20 Taycan 7036EF5C-2900-4B48-B87C-8A4D61ED00C6

TT459S

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Targa 4, 2023 Macan S
Country flag
I had the WMA5/7 done 2 weeks ago and I have not seen any updates or new available services, either on the web, or the app. Should I be worried that my car's records in the PNA database haven't been updated? Or have there been no (relevant) updates in the last 2 weeks? Wouldn't the Porsche host software be smart enough to exactly know what is installed and running in every car automatically - sounds pretty basic this day and age - I'm sure they wouldn't want anyone to run any illegal software or plant any hacks?

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
I had the WMA5/7 done 2 weeks ago and I have not seen any updates or new available services, either on the web, or the app. Should I be worried that my car's records in the PNA database haven't been updated? Or have there been no (relevant) updates in the last 2 weeks? Wouldn't the Porsche host software be smart enough to exactly know what is installed and running in every car automatically - sounds pretty basic this day and age - I'm sure they wouldn't want anyone to run any illegal software or plant any hacks?
I have elected to wait on the two updates you mention above after talking with my Porsche service center.
However, this morning My Porsche app, the Connect app and the Good to Know app were all deleted on my iPhone Xs. I had to reinstall all three and re-enter, usernames and passwords. Odd.
These apps on my iPad were fine.
May have been an iPhone specific issue. No other apps missing.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I have elected to wait on the two updates you mention above after talking with my Porsche service center.
However, this morning My Porsche app, the Connect app and the Good to Know app were all deleted on my iPhone Xs. I had to reinstall all three and re-enter, usernames and passwords. Odd.
These apps on my iPad were fine.
May have been an iPhone specific issue. No other apps missing.
Hi @REIL , do you have a particular trigger event you are waiting for before getting the WMA5/7 update? Are you waiting for your dealer to have a higher rate of updates without the PCM, OTA module, or chrono clock getting fried? Or are you waiting for a patch to be integrated in the update which avoids the recently reported sudden power loss issue?

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Using Chrome, I opened the "My Porsche" website. Once there, under the heading "My Connect Services", is another link to "Buy other Connect Services". Clicking that link leads to the "Porsche Connect Store" (See image below).

As my car is leased, I calculated that after the three-month trial period for the ALK and Innodrive, it would be less expensive for me to pay for them monthly over the remaining term of my lease, rather than purchase them.

Porsche Taycan Strange FOD behavior post-update for MY20 Taycan Porsche Connect

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Hi @REIL , do you have a particular trigger event you are waiting for before getting the WMA5/7 update? Are you waiting for your dealer to have a higher rate of updates without the PCM, OTA module, or chrono clock getting fried? Or are you waiting for a patch to be integrated in the update which avoids the recently reported sudden power loss issue?
@Kingske Thanks for asking.
My service center manager (who I trust) told me two weeks ago that they have performed two dozen WMA5/7 upgrades on MY20 and a few MY21 upgrades since the release.
I am a positive person so I will state he told me their success rate was 60%.
(He said failure rate about 40%).
He suggested if nothing is wrong with my 4S that he has more faith in the patches that are supposed to be coming in July he thought.
I have been fortunate with very few problems since delivery last fall. ? So waiting.
Coincidently timing is good for my work schedule as I will be traveling most July and August.
They can have the vehicle for as long as needed. They can address minor nuisance items, some PPF repairs etc... at the same time without being rushed.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
@Kingske Thanks for asking.
My service center manager (who I trust) told me two weeks ago that they have performed two dozen WMA5/7 upgrades on MY20 and a few MY21 upgrades since the release.
I am a positive person so I will state he told me their success rate was 60%.
(He said failure rate about 40%).
He suggested if nothing is wrong with my 4S that he has more faith in the patches that are supposed to be coming in July he thought.
I have been fortunate with very few problems since delivery last fall. ? So waiting.
Coincidently timing is good for my work schedule as I will be traveling most July and August.
They can have the vehicle for as long as needed. They can address minor nuisance items, some PPF repairs etc... at the same time without being rushed.
Patience is a great virtue.
Sponsored