Strange noise

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
I’ve had the CT4s since friday and today i noted a strange electric noise when opening the car before turning it ON. It lasts 10 seconds then goes away. Seems like it does it when the car hasn’t been used for an hour or more. It did it twice today. Should i be concerned ?
Sponsored

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
I don't think so. When the car detects your presence it will start "booting up" so it's ready to go by the time you are in the driver's seat. Fans will turn on, pumps will activate, solenoids will open valves, etc.

To test my theory, you can try setting a departure time, or pre-conditioning the car via Porsche Connect before going near it. If I'm correct, your car should make no new sounds when you subsequently approach (other than the doors unlocking, the handles popping out, and the mirrors extending -- all of which are on the noisy side).

Reactions: B61
OP
OP

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
I don't think so. When the car detects your presence it will start "booting up" so it's ready to go by the time you are in the driver's seat. Fans will turn on, pumps will activate, solenoids will open valves, etc.

To test my theory, you can try setting a departure time, or pre-conditioning the car via Porsche Connect before going near it. If I'm correct, your car should make no new sounds when you subsequently approach (other than the doors unlocking, the handles popping out, and the mirrors extending -- all of which are on the noisy side).
Thanks for your reply ! It is very clear.
I turned off the autonomous climate control (AC off) and i didn't get any noise this morning.
Sponsored