Strange Range Estimating

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My current battery is at 76% saying my remaining range is 219. I have driven the car about 1600 miles, mainly highway, and the range has been great, and seems the car should have enough info for estimating.

Now, while sitting in my garage, I put in a location that was about 65 miles away and the range dropped to 215 miles, no change in the battery level.

Then, when I put in a location that was 150 miles away, the range dropped to 189 miles, also no change in battery level.

Again, this is my current range, not some estimate of how much would be left over after the trip or anything like that - the act of planning a 150 mile trip dropped the range by 30 miles.

Does this make any sense?
Sponsored

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
My current battery is at 76% saying my remaining range is 219. I have driven the car about 1600 miles, mainly highway, and the range has been great, and seems the car should have enough info for estimating.

Now, while sitting in my garage, I put in a location that was about 65 miles away and the range dropped to 215 miles, no change in the battery level.

Then, when I put in a location that was 150 miles away, the range dropped to 189 miles, also no change in battery level.

Again, this is my current range, not some estimate of how much would be left over after the trip or anything like that - the act of planning a 150 mile trip dropped the range by 30 miles.

Does this make any sense?
Only if the software knows about hills, speed limits, traffic, curves, temperature, etc.