whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
I mean the numbers in the article are pretty impressive - 225 in winter and 280 in the summer, hitting its epa rating in the winter and well exceeding in summer. Don't think any other ev did the same​

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Cold temps kill the battery and your range. When it was below 25F, notice more then once during the beginning of a drive the battery % dropped like a rock, 12-15% in the first 6 miles, then leveled out a bit. Now that it's warm the effincency is so much better.

OP
OP
Tay Tay

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
Click bait.
I do not think that term means what you think it means. Click bait is a misleading title that entices you to click on it only to not deliver what was promised. That article had the following figures (and figures for other EVs which I found interesting). So how was that click bait?

ModelVariantUsable battery sizeSummer rangeWinter rangeShortfall
Porsche Taycan4S Performance Battery Plus83.7kWh281 miles224 miles20.1%

OP
OP
Tay Tay

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
I mean the numbers in the article are pretty impressive - 225 in winter and 280 in the summer, hitting its epa rating in the winter and well exceeding in summer. Don't think any other ev did the same​
That's British site though and the Taycan fell short of WLTP figures even in summer.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I haven't got my Taycan yet but this is no surprise, my plug-in hybrid loses about 10 to 20% of its range in winter.
In my case part of it is winter tyres which have a higher rolling resistance than the standard tyre, but the biggest difference is in the first 5 miles or so when the heater is on. Once the cabin is up to temperature the consumption is a lot less.
It is no surprise batteries work badly when cold, they always have. My digital camera has a much bigger loss in winter than these car reports.

Lets not forget that IC engined cars also use more fuel in winter, just not such a big hit.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
It was WITH the heat pump. See the second chart.
So it recommends a heat pump, but then winter losses are higher? Am I reading it wrong?
Sponsored