Study says Taycan loses 20% of range in winter

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Second table is meaningless, as it’s a comparison of winter performance against the WLTP rating, not against the actual summer performance. So the delta is inclusive of the gap between real world range and the WLTP rating.
Guess i should have read the article more closely. Although, honestly doesn’t matter to me - for what I brought this car for, range is perfectly fine - its just a curiosity for me :) i knew what i was getting into when I brought the car.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tay Tay

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
Wtf are you talking about? You obviously can’t read. The deficit that’s relevant is in the first table, not the second. It’s the comparison of actual range, summer vs winter. That’s even what they quoted in the headline. The numbers you are quoting are relative to the WLTP rating, which is meaningless. Tard.

Nobody is saying it’s not real, just that they cherry picked the worst example to get tards like you to click on it.
So now you admit that the first table is a "comparison of actual range"? Weren't you the one who said "the sensational percentage is based off a starting point that’s a best case number, not a typical real world range"?

Then you said "it uses the worst figure in its data for the headline." But the worst figure is 40%. The fact that it's vs. WLTP doesn't change the fact it's the worst figure... in fact, if it had said 40%, then maybe you could actually claim this was click bait. Because remember, you're trying to explain to me why the headline was click bait, which means it should be misleading in some way.

And then you were wrong about the two other things you said to me. So you were literally wrong about literally everything. Calling me names isn't going to change that (what adult even uses the word "tard"?). You can have the last word, I'm not responding to you anymore because you either know you're wrong and are arguing cause that's what you do on the internet or you're incapable of realizing you're wrong.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
So now you admit that the first table is a "comparison of actual range"? Weren't you the one who said "the sensational percentage is based off a starting point that’s a best case number, not a typical real world range"?

Then you said "it uses the worst figure in its data for the headline." But the worst figure is 40%. The fact that it's vs. WLTP doesn't change the fact it's the worst figure... in fact, if it had said 40%, then maybe you could actually claim this was click bait. Because remember, you're trying to explain to me why the headline was click bait, which means it should be misleading in some way.
You really seem to struggle with reading comprehension. You attacked me by quoting the wrong data in the article, which you would have realized was misleading if you bothered to actually read it closely.

And now your misrepresenting what I said. I said they took the best case number (which is a real world number) and compared against that, which will result in the maximum delta. Then they cherry picked the worst car for the headline. That’s click bait. Works great on people like you.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Wtf are you talking about? You obviously can’t read. The deficit that’s relevant is in the first table, not the second. It’s the comparison of actual range, summer vs winter. That’s even what they quoted in the headline. The numbers you are quoting are relative to the WLTP rating, which is meaningless. Tard.

Nobody is saying it’s not real, just that they cherry picked the worst example to get tards like you to click on it.
I suggest we drop personal insults on here.

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
These non-scientific studies are useless..
The amateurs always compare apples to oranges and cars with different features.
Depends a lot on pre-heating etc.

However, also worth mentioning that the Taycan "offiial" range is understating what you will get on the road.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I've thrown this around a couple of threads now but some actual forum user data (mine) spread over my first full year - obviously Texas winters equate to some areas summers but my 'winter' drop is between 9-12% for 'calculated' normal/range mode ranges - real world consumptive ranges will differ for all the usual reasons:

Text metrics on RHS a few months out of date other than the total mileage (yes embarrassingly low but out of country more than a 1/3rd of last year)! Using a polynomial vs logarithmic to better represent winter-summer lows-high etc.

Porsche Taycan Study says Taycan loses 20% of range in winter Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 4.20.42 PM

Last edited:

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I will continue to blame the software update, I did not see this level of range loss last winter, this year I'm down 25+% range

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
If it's any consolation I just filled by petrol audi at 240 miles for the tank, compared to over 400 usually. It's not just the taycan and EVs that lose range inn winter
Sponsored