CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Having a very busy week in work and now into day 4 of service. Spent 13 hrs on my feet today constantly working. On call tonight so can get called back in. No lunch as was too busy and was heading home to get some dinner.
My Taycan is charged, has 152 mile range remaining. Turned on the car to go home to see the Electrical system fault park safely notice. Tried locking and unlocking, turning off and on, holding the on button down. Nothing, absolutely nothing but that notice, the car wouldn't move.
Rang the assist who said they’d send someone out to the car in 40 mins and i said fine and told them i might cry. The person on the call was helpful and kind. Then i cried when i came off the call.
I got someone else to come and sit with the car at the hospital while i took their car home as i may have to go back into the ward tonight and needed Food. What a time for this to happen.
I’m so disappointed and annoyed. I just haven't got the headspace or energy for this tonight, but there you have it.
The assist man apparently came out and the car didnt display the message. I am so annoyed by this fault. I’ll phone the garage in the morning. Stupid stupid electrical fault.
Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Sorry for the PITA you’re experiencing. Are you pre- or post- recall update??

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Sorry to hear so many things are difficult for you at this time. A $100k+ car should not be adding to your troubles. Are you working so many hours because of Covid?

OP
OP
CarolineK

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry to hear so many things are difficult for you at this time. A $100k+ car should not be adding to your troubles. Are you working so many hours because of Covid?
No, i work on a rota and do Mon-Friday am or Friday to Monday am when on my clincal service week. Do so every 8 weeks.

OP
OP
CarolineK

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Having a very busy week in work and now into day 4 of service. Spent 13 hrs on my feet today constantly working. On call tonight so can get called back in. No lunch as was too busy and was heading home to get some dinner.
My Taycan is charged, has 152 mile range remaining. Turned on the car to go home to see the Electrical system fault park safely notice. Tried locking and unlocking, turning off and on, holding the on button down. Nothing, absolutely nothing but that notice, the car wouldn't move.
Rang the assist who said they’d send someone out to the car in 40 mins and i said fine and told them i might cry. The person on the call was helpful and kind. Then i cried when i came off the call.
I got someone else to come and sit with the car at the hospital while i took their car home as i may have to go back into the ward tonight and needed Food. What a time for this to happen.
I’m so disappointed and annoyed. I just haven't got the headspace or energy for this tonight, but there you have it.
The assist man apparently came out and the car didnt display the message. I am so annoyed by this fault. I’ll phone the garage in the morning. Stupid stupid electrical fault.
Sosix days after the episode described above, the electrical syatem fault recurred this evening. What to do now. Any advice please?

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sosix days after the episode described above, the electrical syatem fault recurred this evening. What to do now. Any advice please?
You should take the car to the service department for diagnostics. Repeated electrical errors are probably caused by malfunctioning hardware that needs replacement.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Take some photos of the fault message (or video if turning off / locking / unlocking does not clear it) and send to your dealer to investigate fault codes and properly fix.

KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 C4GTS; 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Caroline please keep us posted on what your dealer finds. Very troubling indeed.

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
Hi Caroline. Really sorry to hear of your problems. I'm hoping OPC Norwich can check the car and sort this out for you. Not good news after the recall update.

Goldbros

First Name
Goldbros
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hi everyone. Been trolling taycanforum for over a year and finally took the plunge 1 month ago. Thank you for the wealth of information, tips and advice.

Love my car but woke up yesterday (also on call if it is a risk factor) with the same electric fault.
Car is currently at the dealer and will update as I get more information.
Please let us know if you get any follow up.

Porsche Taycan Stupid stupid stupid electrical system fault 5C90B412-2EB8-4D74-9CA4-A7A27CDB0BF3

• Sad
Reactions: KTC

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi everyone. Been trolling taycanforum for over a year and finally took the plunge 1 month ago. Thank you for the wealth of information, tips and advice.

Love my car but woke up yesterday (also on call if it is a risk factor) with the same electric fault.
Car is currently at the dealer and will update as I get more information.
Please let us know if you get any follow up.
did you have the software update to fix this problem already? or is this problem subsequent to having that update installed?

Goldbros

First Name
Goldbros
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
did you have the software update to fix this problem already? or is this problem subsequent to having that update installed?
All software was up to date. I checked with the dealership and Porsche before taking possession of the car

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
All software was up to date. I checked with the dealership and Porsche before taking possession of the car
this is not aimed at you, but you should ask if all the latest updates were applied prior to delivery.
the reason for knowing this is if this flaw showed despite being updated there is still a problem.
dealerships/salespeople are either sometimes ill informed or deceitful regarding problems. but their lack of grasping that this issue is part of a NHTSA recall is a problem.
so try to get more details regarding what was and what was not updated prior to delivery.

Reactions: KTC
OP
OP
CarolineK

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
this is not aimed at you, but you should ask if all the latest updates were applied prior to delivery.
the reason for knowing this is if this flaw showed despite being updated there is still a problem.
dealerships/salespeople are either sometimes ill informed or deceitful regarding problems. but their lack of grasping that this issue is part of a NHTSA recall is a problem.
so try to get more details regarding what was and what was not updated prior to delivery.
I had my software update in early July. I am so disappointed.
Sponsored